British cabinet quote about atrocity propaganda

Discuss the alleged Nazi genocide or other wartime atrocities without fear of censorship. No bullying of fellow posters is allowed at RODOH. If you can't be civil, please address the argument and not the participants. Do not use disparaging alterations of the user-names of other RODOH posters or their family members. Failure to heed warnings from Moderators will result in a 24 hour ban (or longer if necessary).

User avatar
Nessie
Posts: 26808
Joined: Fri Mar 07, 2014 5:00 pm
Contact:

Re: British cabinet quote about atrocity propaganda

Post by Nessie » Wed May 13, 2015 5:00 pm

What she quotes is a memo which states that atrocity propaganda is needed, but do not use blatant lies and exaggeration as happened in WWI. Reporting what the Nazis had been up to was enough to show how inhumane they could be.
Consistency and standards in evidencing viewtopic.php?f=13&t=2721#p87772
My actual argument viewtopic.php?f=13&t=2834

Scott - On a side note, this forum is turning into a joke with the vicious attacks--and completely unnecessary vitriol--that everybody is making upon each other.

Werd
Posts: 9001
Joined: Fri Oct 10, 2014 6:38 am
Contact:

Re: British cabinet quote about atrocity propaganda

Post by Werd » Wed May 13, 2015 5:10 pm

Signed by H. Hewitt assistant secretary.

"We must therefore take into account how the Red Army will certainly beheave when it overruns central Europe; unless precautions are taken, the obviously inevitable horrors which will result will throw an undue strain on public opinion in this country."

"Experience has shown that the best distraction is atrocity propaganda directed against the enemy. Unfortunately the public is no longer susceptible as in the days of the corpse factory, the mutliated Belgian babies and the crucified Canadians. Your cooperation is therefore earnsetly sought to distract public attention from the doings of the Red Army while your whole hearted support of various charges against the Germans and Japanese which have been and will be put into circulation by the ministry."

So they invented atrocities about Germany and Japan to cover for the Soviets.

Nessie is pretending that the British Ministry of propaganda, well Hewitt specifically is demanding that because their first world war atrocity propaganda failed, they must turn over a new leaf and not create more believable, and less heinous propaganda stories, but to completely tell the truth. Therefore Nessie can have his precious Auschwitz gas chambers.

User avatar
Nessie
Posts: 26808
Joined: Fri Mar 07, 2014 5:00 pm
Contact:

Re: British cabinet quote about atrocity propaganda

Post by Nessie » Wed May 13, 2015 5:26 pm

Werd wrote:Signed by H. Hewitt assistant secretary.

"We must therefore take into account how the Red Army will certainly beheave when it overruns central Europe; unless precautions are taken, the obviously inevitable horrors which will result will throw an undue strain on public opinion in this country."

"Experience has shown that the best distraction is atrocity propaganda directed against the enemy. Unfortunately the public is no longer susceptible as in the days of the corpse factory, the mutliated Belgian babies and the crucified Canadians. Your cooperation is therefore earnsetly sought to distract public attention from the doings of the Red Army while your whole hearted support of various charges against the Germans and Japanese which have been and will be put into circulation by the ministry."

So they invented atrocities about Germany and Japan to cover for the Soviets.
Where does it say that in the memo?
Werd wrote:Nessie is pretending that the British Ministry of propaganda, well Hewitt specifically is demanding that because their first world war atrocity propaganda failed, they must turn over a new leaf and not create more believable, and less heinous propaganda stories, but to completely tell the truth. Therefore Nessie can have his precious Auschwitz gas chambers.
There is not enough information to conclude either way about what actually happened. We would need to know what the "various charges" were.
Consistency and standards in evidencing viewtopic.php?f=13&t=2721#p87772
My actual argument viewtopic.php?f=13&t=2834

Scott - On a side note, this forum is turning into a joke with the vicious attacks--and completely unnecessary vitriol--that everybody is making upon each other.

Werd
Posts: 9001
Joined: Fri Oct 10, 2014 6:38 am
Contact:

Re: British cabinet quote about atrocity propaganda

Post by Werd » Wed May 13, 2015 5:41 pm

Nessie refuses to put two and two together.
the best distraction is atrocity propaganda[...]the public is no longer susceptible as in the days of the corpse factory, the mutliated Belgian babies and the crucified Canadians.[...]your whole hearted support of various charges against the Germans and Japanese[...]have been and will be put into circulation by the ministry.
Nessie wants the reader to believe that this is a plan from the British Ministry of Information to tell the truth and never tell even the smallest white lie. Which is wrong of course.

User avatar
Nessie
Posts: 26808
Joined: Fri Mar 07, 2014 5:00 pm
Contact:

Re: British cabinet quote about atrocity propaganda

Post by Nessie » Wed May 13, 2015 9:48 pm

Werd wrote:Nessie refuses to put two and two together.
the best distraction is atrocity propaganda[...]the public is no longer susceptible as in the days of the corpse factory, the mutliated Belgian babies and the crucified Canadians.[...]your whole hearted support of various charges against the Germans and Japanese[...]have been and will be put into circulation by the ministry.
Nessie wants the reader to believe that this is a plan from the British Ministry of Information to tell the truth and never tell even the smallest white lie. Which is wrong of course.
Werd wants the reader to believe that the MOI were out to completely fabricate stories of Nazi atrocities because there were none. Which is wrong of course.
Consistency and standards in evidencing viewtopic.php?f=13&t=2721#p87772
My actual argument viewtopic.php?f=13&t=2834

Scott - On a side note, this forum is turning into a joke with the vicious attacks--and completely unnecessary vitriol--that everybody is making upon each other.

Werd
Posts: 9001
Joined: Fri Oct 10, 2014 6:38 am
Contact:

Re: British cabinet quote about atrocity propaganda

Post by Werd » Wed May 13, 2015 9:55 pm

Nessie is backing off the idea that the MOI was always planning telling the truth in the second world war. Hence he has no reason to pretend any longer that the MOI were not planning to tell any kind of exaggeration or lie in those two excerpts. Therefore his earlier question, "where does it say that?" is stupid and an intentional false pretense of ignorance. For crying out loud, the phrase ATROCITY PROPAGANDA is right in the quotation and it talks about how to use it properly in order to make it believable. As I said, he refused to put two and two together.
We would need to know what the "various charges" were.
If he wants examples of British propaganda or even more Allied propaganda in general, he should quit pretending he doesn't know about the phony lamp shades, shrunken heads and human soap bars and the overall dumb dumb portrayal of evil at Buchenwald, as denierbud called it.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=wVZ_5yWmBRk
Nessie knows that Buchenwald never had a gas chamber. Nor Bergen Belsen. Nor Dachau. Yet that is exactly what was claimed to have existed in those camps.

User avatar
Nessie
Posts: 26808
Joined: Fri Mar 07, 2014 5:00 pm
Contact:

Re: British cabinet quote about atrocity propaganda

Post by Nessie » Wed May 13, 2015 10:27 pm

Werd wrote:Nessie is backing off the idea that the MOI was always planning telling the truth in the second world war......
Quote me saying that the MOI was always planning on telling the truth or admit you are making up a strawman.
Consistency and standards in evidencing viewtopic.php?f=13&t=2721#p87772
My actual argument viewtopic.php?f=13&t=2834

Scott - On a side note, this forum is turning into a joke with the vicious attacks--and completely unnecessary vitriol--that everybody is making upon each other.

Werd
Posts: 9001
Joined: Fri Oct 10, 2014 6:38 am
Contact:

Re: British cabinet quote about atrocity propaganda

Post by Werd » Thu May 14, 2015 1:07 am

Nessie has fallen into my trap. With this last post of his, he is basically saying he has never claimed that the allies never engaged in propaganda. Which might mean not that he has no opinion on the matter, but that he believes they have engaged in propaganda - and lying. As the last part of my last post shows with those hyperlinked camps, Nessie knows damn well that the allies have engaged in outright lies and about what camps and featured items in them like lamp shades specifically. Therefore Nessie can not ask the question as to how do we know what certain propaganda charges were. The quote talking about applying propaganda lies to Germany has been proven historically and at later times by the facts of the lies about those three camps that Nessie knows about.

Hence his whole attack on these two quoted extracts claiming they tell us nothing falls to the ground.

User avatar
Nessie
Posts: 26808
Joined: Fri Mar 07, 2014 5:00 pm
Contact:

Re: British cabinet quote about atrocity propaganda

Post by Nessie » Thu May 14, 2015 8:09 pm

Werd wrote:Nessie has fallen into my trap.
Werd has had to think up something to avoid admitting he has been misrepresenting me.
Werd wrote: With this last post of his, he is basically saying he has never claimed that the allies never engaged in propaganda.
I am saying the Allies engaged in propaganda. As did the Nazis.
Werd wrote: Which might mean not that he has no opinion on the matter, but that he believes they have engaged in propaganda - and lying. As the last part of my last post shows with those hyperlinked camps, Nessie knows damn well that the allies have engaged in outright lies and about what camps and featured items in them like lamp shades specifically. Therefore Nessie can not ask the question as to how do we know what certain propaganda charges were. The quote talking about applying propaganda lies to Germany has been proven historically and at later times by the facts of the lies about those three camps that Nessie knows about.

Hence his whole attack on these two quoted extracts claiming they tell us nothing falls to the ground.
Non sequitur. Just because the Allies did engage in propaganda that involved lies does not mean the MOI memo was about creating lies. Your ability to argue logically is very poor.
Consistency and standards in evidencing viewtopic.php?f=13&t=2721#p87772
My actual argument viewtopic.php?f=13&t=2834

Scott - On a side note, this forum is turning into a joke with the vicious attacks--and completely unnecessary vitriol--that everybody is making upon each other.

Post Reply

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: Bing [Bot], Google [Bot] and 9 guests