Media NEVER lets us forget it - Holocaust in the 'news'(?)

Discuss the alleged Nazi genocide or other wartime atrocities without fear of censorship. No bullying of fellow posters is allowed at RODOH. If you can't be civil, please address the argument and not the participants. Do not use disparaging alterations of the user-names of other RODOH posters or their family members. Failure to heed warnings from Moderators will result in a 24 hour ban (or longer if necessary).
been-there
Propositions Moderator

Re: Media NEVER lets us forget it - Holocaust in the 'news'(?)

Post by been-there » Mon Jul 10, 2017 11:08 am

5 hours ago. Monday July 10th, 2017
How these teachers learned to teach the Holocaust
Eight states now mandate genocide education beginning in either kindergarten or middle school, and running through high school. Legislators from 20 additional states have pledged to introduce legislation that would require public schools to teach about the Holocaust...
http://www.israelnationalnews.com/News/News.aspx/232232

2 days ago. Saturday July 8th, 2017
America’s dangerously shallow understanding of the Holocaust
The Holocaust occupies a peculiar place in American political discourse. Hitler serves as shorthand for pure evil, and the Holocaust is taught in schools, memorialised in a DC museum, and remembered in films like Schindler’s List as the epitome of inhumanity in the modern world. It is, in some ways, everywhere.

Key elements of it are nonetheless missing when it comes to US Holocaust literacy. Knowledge of the basic facts of Hitler’s murder of 6 million Jews is sufficiently thin...
https://www.vox.com/the-big-idea/2017/5 ... anne-frank
Etc., etc., etc.

"When people who are honestly mistaken learn the truth,
they either cease being mistaken
or they cease being honest"
-- Anonymous

been-there
Propositions Moderator

Post by been-there » Sat Sep 09, 2017 7:11 pm

Got to keep the masses indoctrinated. Birds in the garden. Sausage rolls. Cricket. And... THE Holocaust!!!!!
News | UKHome News
I helped defeat the Nazis in 1941, and I'm ready to fight fascism again in 2017

Aged 18, Betty Webb gave up a domestic science course and joined the anti-Nazi codebreaking operation at Bletchley Park. Now aged 94, she recalls the first defeat of fascism - and reveals how she is helping to crush it again

By Adam Lusher. Saturday 9th September 2017
. . . . . . .

Two years ago, she learned from a researcher that those soon-to-be-decoded messages she had been ordered to catalogue – strings of letters and numbers that meant nothing to her at the time – had in fact been communications between the worst of the worst: members of the SS and the Gestapo, some of them discussing the beginnings of the Holocaust.

Once the chill of the revelation had subsided, she says, “I was rather pleased to know I had been working on an important part of the exercise. I do hope I made a contribution.”

Mrs Webb quite understands the interest in Bletchley. She’s just amazed anyone would want to come here, to her cosy front room in a Worcestershire village, where she keeps the binoculars on the windowsill, ready to examine whatever birds she may spot in the garden.

“I’m quite surprised people are interested in me,” she says.

You try to tell her she played a key part in defeating fascism, but are very politely reminded: “Well yes, as one of 8,000: very young, very inexperienced, only doing what I was told to do.”

By her own admission, she had led rather a sheltered life, growing up in Richard’s Castle, a village on the Shropshire-Herefordshire border, father a cricket-loving Lloyds Bank employee, mother a music teacher.

By May 1941 she was at Radbrook College near Shrewsbury, on a domestic science course where young ladies were taught how to cook, run a house and do household accounts.

“I remember listening to news of the war on the wireless,” she says. “Bad news, things like ‘one of our aircraft is missing’.

“We wanted to do something for the war effort, and domestic science wasn’t it.”

Besides: “The food we were learning to cook on that domestic science course was so limited, because of wartime rationing. Sausage rolls, I recall. It didn’t appeal.”

http://www.independent.co.uk/news/uk/ho ... 36616.html
...etc., etc., etc...

Yawn! Image
-- Anonymous

been-there
Propositions Moderator

Post by been-there » Tue Sep 26, 2017 9:34 pm

Here's something 'hollow-cost' related that is getting the usual 'Friends of Israel' smear tactic, 'news' coverage:

Its concerning Israeli Jew and Palestinian Rights supporter Miko Peled saying this at the British Labour Party annual conference:
“This is about free speech. The freedom to criticise and to discuss every issue: whether it’s the Holocaust, yes or no; Palestine; the liberation; the whole spectrum. There should be no limits on the discussion.”
And its being made into 'news' to bash Jeremy Corbyn with the 'anti-semite' smear yet again.

http://www.dailymail.co.uk/wires/pa/art ... g-row.html
As in the Daily Fail linked above, and — as usual — also in The Guardian.

In The Guardian, famous 'Friend of Israel' Labour Deputy Leader Tom Watson is given the hero treatment. Presumably paving the way for him to be a successor to pro-Palestinian Party leader Corbyn if this succeeds in making it all go wrong for Corbyn. They never give up, these zionists.

The Independent maintains this could end Corbyn's election chances!!?
Antisemitism could stop Labour winning power after Holocaust denial row hits conference

Labour cannot win power while Jewish voters shun the party over antisemitism, a defeated candidate has warned, as allegations of Holocaust denial tarnished the conference.

Mike Katz warned Jeremy Corbyn of many “difficult conversations” on the doorstep with Jewish people who were turning their backs on Labour because of the perception of an antisemitism stain.
http://www.independent.co.uk/news/uk/po ... 68231.html
Really?
So... Somehow if Jews don't vote for you then you have no chance?!
Hmmm? Soooo... they are admitting that 269,568 Jews who represent only 1.1% of the population of Britain really DO get to decide who rules??? :o :lol:
. . . . .

I myself regard this particular smear reporting as very good 'news' indeed.
I take this as yet another sign of how attitudes are changing, despite the efforts of some in the media.
When someone as respected, as sincere, as ethically principled, as noble and as high profile as Miko Peled says it, its going to be hard to shut this call for openess on this traumatising pseudo-history down.
-- Anonymous

been-there
Propositions Moderator

Post by been-there » Sat Oct 07, 2017 10:07 pm

Israel’s ‘Wonder Woman’ inspired by Grandfather, a Holocaust Survivor

Aug 25, 2017

Related:
Auschwitz
Gal Gadot
holocaust remembrance day
Holocaust Survivor
Wonder Woman

Israeli actress Gal Gadot says her grandfather, a Holocaust survivor, helped her relate to the values ‘Wonder Woman’ stands for.

Israeli actress Gal Gadot had an easy time relating to what Wonder Woman — the superhero she plays on the big screen — stands for because of what her late Holocaust survivor grandfather taught her, she told Rolling Stone magazine in its latest issue.
https://www.algemeiner.com/2017/08/24/i ... tands-for/

https://unitedwithisrael.org/israels-wo ... -survivor/
-- Anonymous

been-there
Propositions Moderator

Post by been-there » Mon Oct 09, 2017 5:10 pm

A Jewish Hollywood movie mogul, Harvey Weinstein, just got fired from Miramax for his lewd and predatory sexual intimidation and harassment of women in the film industry for thirty years.

And here's a report five hours ago about it in a Jewish newspaper where they just happen to mention Auschwitz!!! :o :lol:

Basically it seems this Jewish news outlet are telling us that Weinstein has been exposed and now fired as a mean and manipulative sexual predator, but ....his grandparents siblings died during WW2 at Auschwitz, so go easy on him. :roll:
According to The Times’ expose of Weinstein — who produced many box office hits including “Pulp Fiction,” “Sex, Lies and Videotape,” “The Crying Game” and “Clerks” — he used his position of influence in Hollywood to demand sexual favors from actresses and female assistants over the past three decades.

He has paid off at least eight women to settle complaints about his lewd behavior, according to The Times.

The women, most in their early to mid-20s at the time, said Weinstein would appear near or fully naked, make them watch him bathe or give him a massage, and in at least one instance press a young employee for sex, The Times reported.

Some were paid $80,000 to $150,000 each to make their complaints go away, The Times said, with “Scream” actress McGowan, then 23, getting $100,000 in 1997 over an incident that took place during the Sundance Film Festival.

Weinstein, who is Jewish, wrote earlier this year that he planned to direct a film next year based on Leon Uris’ book about the Warsaw Ghetto, “Mila 18.” He recalled reading “Mila 18” during a trip to visit his great-grandmother in Israel as a kid.

“I guess it is personal – I lost eight great aunts and uncles to Auschwitz. Luckily for me, my grandmother and grandfather moved to America in the 20s while their families stayed back in Poland and Belarus. My great grandmother escaped with the Zionists as did one of her sons,” Weinstein wrote in an op-ed for Deadline .

With his brother Bob, Weinstein founded Miramax — named for their parents, Mira and Max Weinstein — and later The Weinstein Company.

A prominent supporter of liberal and Democratic causes, Weinstein spoke in 2015 at a fundraiser for the Los Angeles-based Simon Wiesenthal Center, where he was presented with the organization’s Humanitarian Award. In his speech, he urged Jews in the fight against anti-Semitism to “stand up and kick these guys in the ass.”

https://www.jta.org/2017/10/09/arts-ent ... ent-claims
-- Anonymous

been-there
Propositions Moderator

Post by been-there » Fri Nov 10, 2017 5:38 pm

More nonsense, not-news, news stories constantly keeping WW2 mythologies in the collective consciousness:

https://www.rt.com/news/409488-indonesi ... ax-hitler/
-- Anonymous

been-there
Propositions Moderator

Post by been-there » Wed Nov 15, 2017 5:44 pm

For anyone who missed it, a senior UK politician told a 'holocaust' joke on a political TV show on the 3rd Nov.

They had been discussing Harvey Weinstein and the Jewish' presenter Andrew Neil was suggesting some humour over tasteless topics was OK. She disagreed. So Andrew Neil asked her, "so Charlie Chaplin shouldn't have told jokes about Hitler"?
He wasn't expecting her to tell him a joke that blew his argument out of the water.

Basically HE got his argument destroyed, and so took immense umbrage.

When she tried to explain why she told it, he very patronisingly told her "Be quiet".

Hell hath no fury like a Jew who has been humiliated with a joke even he couldn't excuse. Especially when its one that doesn't show reverence to the exalted shibboleth of unique and special 'Jewish suffering" during the world war in which 55 to 85 million people lost their lives (of whom approximately 63% were civilian non combatants).

The media were then all over it, describing it as a "vile" joke and how it was a huge error of judgement to tell him a joke she thought was unacceptable, and then they all repeated THE “VILE” joke for us again, with a video clip, so we could all hear and watch it at our leisure and as many times as we would like, just in case we missed how "vile" it was the first time.
Hmmmm? How hypocritical is that? :ugeek:

-- Anonymous

DasPrussian

Post by DasPrussian » Wed Nov 15, 2017 8:46 pm

been-there wrote:
Wed Nov 15, 2017 5:44 pm
For anyone who missed it, a senior UK politician told a 'holocaust' joke on a political TV show on the 3rd Nov.

They had been discussing Harvey Weinstein and the Jewish' presenter Andrew Neil was suggesting some humour over tasteless topics was OK. She disagreed. So Andrew Neil asked her, "so Charlie Chaplin shouldn't have told jokes about Hitler"?
He wasn't expecting her to tell him a joke that blew his argument out of the water.

Basically HE got his argument destroyed, and so took immense umbrage.

When she tried to explain why she told it, he very patronisingly told her "Be quiet".

Hell hath no fury like a Jew who has been humiliated with a joke even he couldn't excuse. Especially when its one that doesn't show reverence to the exalted shibboleth of unique and special 'Jewish suffering" during the world war in which 55 to 85 million people lost their lives (of whom approximately 63% were civilian non combatants).

The media were then all over it, describing it as a "vile" joke and how it was a huge error of judgement to tell him a joke she thought was unacceptable, and then they all repeated THE “VILE” joke for us again, with a video clip, so we could all hear and watch it at our leisure and as many times as we would like, just in case we missed how "vile" it was the first time.
Hmmmm? How hypocritical is that? :ugeek:

You claim that Andrew Neil is Jewish. So is this another Jack Straw scenario or do you have proof of his 'Jewishness' ? Maybe our resident Jewish expert 'Henry' can help you out.
All I want for Christmas is a Dukla Prague away kit

Nessie

Post by Nessie » Thu Nov 16, 2017 9:13 am

Been-there is unable to evidence the claim he has made about Andrew Neil. The resident censor, plagiariser, cherry picking copy and paste poster is very poor at evidencing. If he finds something that fits in with his world view, in this case someone criticises another for using anti-Semitic language, therefore that person must be Jewish, he runs with it, without fact checking.

Neil was born, bred and educated in Paisley, where there is no record of any Jewish settlement or congregation;

https://www.jewishgen.org/jcr-uk/Scotland.htm

There is nothing that even suggests Neil has any Jewish heritage, the Jewish population in Scotland being so small and relatively recent.
Consistency and standards in evidencing viewtopic.php?f=13&t=2721#p87772
My actual argument viewtopic.php?f=13&t=2834

Scott - On a side note, this forum is turning into a joke with the vicious attacks--and completely unnecessary vitriol--that everybody is making upon each other.

Charles Traynor

Post by Charles Traynor » Thu Nov 16, 2017 3:26 pm

In order to not cause a thread derail I have created an Andrew Neil topic here.
Kitty Hart-Moxon (1998): "Believe me, I came into Auschwitz in a much worse condition than I actually left it."