Media NEVER lets us forget it - Holocaust in the 'news'(?)

Discuss the alleged Nazi genocide or other wartime atrocities without fear of censorship. No bullying of fellow posters is allowed at RODOH. If you can't be civil, please address the argument and not the participants. Do not use disparaging alterations of the user-names of other RODOH posters or their family members. Failure to heed warnings from Moderators will result in a 24 hour ban (or longer if necessary).
Cerdic

Re: Media NEVER lets us forget it - Holocaust in the 'news'(

Post by Cerdic »

A not insignifcant part of these hits may be for other so-called Holocausts ("Amerindian Holocaust", "Israel Holocaust against Palestinians", "Dresden/bomb Holocaust", etc.) though to be fair that probably also applies to the other search results too.
„(...) Wenn wir irgendetwas beim Nationalsozialismus anerkennen, dann ist es die Anerkennung, daß ihm zum ersten Mal in der deutschen Politik die restlose Mobilisierung der menschlichen Dummheit gelungen ist.“ Kurt Schumacher 23. Februar 1932

SUPPORT RODOH!
Would you like to financially contribute to the upkeep of RODOH? Please kindly contact Scott Smith ([email protected]oo.com). Any and all contributions are welcome!

Charles Traynor

Post by Charles Traynor »

Bernard wrote:BTW, google hits for Joe Louis 214,000,000. Google hits for Auschwitz- 4 million. Why is the Brown Bomber 43 times more rellevent than Auschwitz. Must be the International boxing conspiracy.
Bernard you are massaging the figures. I will leave our readers to decide whether or not you and Statistical Mechanic are being deliberately dishonest in this matter.

A Google search for Joe Louis will run a search for all combinations of Joe and Louis and most of them will be completely unrelated to the boxer. Enclosing “Joe Louis boxer” within quotes narrows the search down considerably and shows the true search figures for the Brown Bomber are actually about 285,000 results (0.42 seconds).
Kitty Hart-Moxon (1998): "Believe me, I came into Auschwitz in a much worse condition than I actually left it."

Balsamo

Post by Balsamo »

On the topic on itslef...What to say?
First, the Media should NOT let us forget. I guess il all depends on how it is done.
I don't live in the US, so i cannot say...I don't recall any specific hollywood production about the holocaust since Shindler list - which was a good movie - And Speilberg also produced "Amistad" about slavery.

Anyway i don't feel offended by that. I am not a nationalist, Jews being at the top is fine for me.

Now if one speaks about the politrical use of historical events, it is another thing. Or - as it's been happening in France - to use the Shoah to reduce public liberties, i consider is as dangerous and counter productive, worse dangerous. Why France is essential is because the Republic is by its values - if respected - the most friendly to diversity. This is the reason why it is today the country whith the highest number of Jews in Europe. About 30% of the european Jews live in France. When i was young, there was absolutely no problem of antisemitism, even the National Front (Front national) powerfull in the 80's was targetting emigration, not the Jews.
1995, as i explained, changed everything. The Crif became more and more political, concentrating on its support of Israel, more than on its historical role of protecting the French Jews. Today, its vice president is also the representative of the Likhoud in France. This is a very dangerous drift (dérive). The common french Jews does not recognize himdelf in this organization. I think only 30% of the french jewish population support the Crif. And the organization just don't care.
During the last two weeks, yes indeed, all the arguments were based on mocking the Shoah...Shoah, gaz chamber, 6 million, we quoted hundreds of time...And unfortunately, it just does not work anymore.
It is important to point out that among the few voices that dared express some supports - not to Dieudonne as a man, but to the right of expression - most of them were Jews : Eric Zemmour, Jacob Cohen (who even did a quenelle adressed to the minister) Jean-François Khan among other.

As for Patrick Cohen, Dieudonné response was insane and stupid. But one has to recall that this "journalist" has made calls that "one should not be free to think", asked another collegue not to invite what he had defined as "sick mind"...and who is proud to have a list of personnalities that will never be allowed in his show. When one works for the public service, when one is paid with taxpayer's money...This is also unacceptable.

The "politically correct" is so strong in France today, that the country France has fallen to the 38th place in Press Freedom index, behind El Salvador.

Statistical Mechanic

Post by Statistical Mechanic »

Charles Traynor wrote:
Bernard wrote:BTW, google hits for Joe Louis 214,000,000. Google hits for Auschwitz- 4 million. Why is the Brown Bomber 43 times more rellevent than Auschwitz. Must be the International boxing conspiracy.
Bernard you are massaging the figures. I will leave our readers to decide whether or not you and Statistical Mechanic are being deliberately dishonest in this matter.

A Google search for Joe Louis will run a search for all combinations of Joe and Louis and most of them will be completely unrelated to the boxer. Enclosing “Joe Louis boxer” within quotes narrows the search down considerably and shows the true search figures for the Brown Bomber are actually about 285,000 results (0.42 seconds).
Readers can check for themselves. Mine used quotation marks where relevant and thus your sleuthing is irrelevant to these. This morning - I checked - the Holocaust was up to 12.8 million, probably spurred by been-there's obsession with this topic.

Go ahead: see what you get. I just hit 20.9 million for "war in Vietnam"; the gambit is busted.
"the Germans had ample justifiable cause to oppose a minority within their society who worked AGAINST their county's interests" -- been-there, 24 April 2014

Statistical Mechanic

Balsamo wrote:On the topic on itslef...What to say?
First, the Media should NOT let us forget. I guess il all depends on how it is done.
I don't live in the US, so i cannot say...I don't recall any specific hollywood production about the holocaust since Shindler list - which was a good movie - And Speilberg also produced "Amistad" about slavery.

Anyway i don't feel offended by that. I am not a nationalist, Jews being at the top is fine for me.

Now if one speaks about the politrical use of historical events, it is another thing. Or - as it's been happening in France - to use the Shoah to reduce public liberties, i consider is as dangerous and counter productive, worse dangerous. Why France is essential is because the Republic is by its values - if respected - the most friendly to diversity. This is the reason why it is today the country whith the highest number of Jews in Europe. About 30% of the european Jews live in France. When i was young, there was absolutely no problem of antisemitism, even the National Front (Front national) powerfull in the 80's was targetting emigration, not the Jews.
1995, as i explained, changed everything. The Crif became more and more political, concentrating on its support of Israel, more than on its historical role of protecting the French Jews. Today, its vice president is also the representative of the Likhoud in France. This is a very dangerous drift (dérive). The common french Jews does not recognize himdelf in this organization. I think only 30% of the french jewish population support the Crif. And the organization just don't care.
During the last two weeks, yes indeed, all the arguments were based on mocking the Shoah...Shoah, gaz chamber, 6 million, we quoted hundreds of time...And unfortunately, it just does not work anymore.
It is important to point out that among the few voices that dared express some supports - not to Dieudonne as a man, but to the right of expression - most of them were Jews : Eric Zemmour, Jacob Cohen (who even did a quenelle adressed to the minister) Jean-François Khan among other.

As for Patrick Cohen, Dieudonné response was insane and stupid. But one has to recall that this "journalist" has made calls that "one should not be free to think", asked another collegue not to invite what he had defined as "sick mind"...and who is proud to have a list of personnalities that will never be allowed in his show. When one works for the public service, when one is paid with taxpayer's money...This is also unacceptable.

The "politically correct" is so strong in France today, that the country France has fallen to the 38th place in Press Freedom index, behind El Salvador.
As noted, I don't think we disagree on the free speech issues! France is struggling a bit in this arena, to put it mildly. No matter the reason, I think banning performances, etc, is both wrong and a bad approach.
"the Germans had ample justifiable cause to oppose a minority within their society who worked AGAINST their county's interests" -- been-there, 24 April 2014

Cerdic

Post by Cerdic »

Enclosed within quotes:

"Justin Bieber": 98 million

"Justin Timberlake": 36 million

"Marlyn Monroe": 15 million

"Holocaust Jewish" - 430,000
/ Jews 64,200 results
/ Nazi 60,000

In any case: It is not surprising that the first and so far last industralised, systematic, state-sponsored, continent-wide and generally effective, mass murder programme which brought about the death of many millions of people is an important aspect in many countries' national consciousness.
„(...) Wenn wir irgendetwas beim Nationalsozialismus anerkennen, dann ist es die Anerkennung, daß ihm zum ersten Mal in der deutschen Politik die restlose Mobilisierung der menschlichen Dummheit gelungen ist.“ Kurt Schumacher 23. Februar 1932

Statistical Mechanic

Cerdic wrote:I any case: It is not surprising that the first and so far last industralised, systematic, state-sponsored, continent-wide and generally effective, mass murder programme which brought about the death of many millions of people is an important aspect in many countries' national consciousness.
Bingo. What would be strange would be a situation where a genocide on the scale of the H. didn't cause major and long-term reverberations.

Balsamo

Post by Balsamo »

Statistical Mechanic wrote:
Cerdic wrote:I any case: It is not surprising that the first and so far last industralised, systematic, state-sponsored, continent-wide and generally effective, mass murder programme which brought about the death of many millions of people is an important aspect in many countries' national consciousness.
Bingo. What would be strange would be a situation where a genocide on the scale of the H. didn't cause major and long-term reverberations.
Strangely enough, it was exactly the situation that prevailed between 1945 and early 70's...

Statistical Mechanic

True . . .

Ilol'd

Post by Ilol'd »

Jewish fraud|scam = 43,700,000
Jews media = 101,000,000
Jews bank|banks = 26,400,000
Jews money = 45,900,000
Jews|Jewish Hollywood = 76,400,000

Some things never change.