Should the Lounge be made publicly-viewable again?

The RODOH Lounge is a place for general discussion, preferably non-Holocaust. The Lounge is only lightly moderated but please keep this a friendly place to chat with and get to know your fellow board participants.
Scott
Site Admin

Should the Lounge be made publicly-viewable again?

Post by Scott »

During the second Trump impeachment I made the Lounge private to be read only by RODOH forum members who are logged in.

This was because the usual suspects were closely watching us for Fedposts and I don't like to censor honest comment. This forum and its posters have never advocated or condoned violence in any case.

Trump's 2nd Impeachment has now been acquitted in the Senate and I think it is thin gruel to make a case of Insurrection with the unarmed Capitol protests of January 6, 2021. I don't doubt that there may be other things to hassle critics and squelch dissident speech, but that is nothing new.

So should we make the Lounge public again or keep it so that members reading here have to be logged in?

:)

“So people are getting injured, and our job is to protect this business, and a part of my job is to also help people. If there’s somebody hurt, I’m running into harm’s way.
That’s why I have my rifle because I need to protect myself, obviously.
But I also have my med-kit.”

~ "Siege" Kyle Rittenhouse
(Kenosha, WI - 25 AUGUST 2020)

SUPPORT RODOH!
Would you like to financially contribute to the upkeep of RODOH? Please kindly contact Scott Smith ([email protected]). Any and all contributions are welcome!

been-there
Propositions Moderator

Re: Should the Lounge be made publicly-viewable again?

Post by been-there »

Scott wrote:
Wed Feb 17, 2021 10:24 am
So should we make the Lounge public again or keep it so that members reading here have to be logged in?
My vote: Yes, public again. :)

Turnagain

Post by Turnagain »

Yes, the political and social comments of forum members should provide our visitors with some different viewpoints.

Huntinger

Post by Huntinger »

Keep it private, ears to the ground suggest an intense interest in alleged white wing groups with attempt to revoke the 2nd amendment to stop hate speech. I suggest they not be given any ammunition.

𝖀𝖒𝖆𝖗𝖒𝖊 𝖉𝖆𝖘 𝕷𝖊𝖇𝖊𝖓, 𝖓𝖎𝖈𝖍𝖙 𝖆𝖚𝖘𝖇𝖊𝖚𝖙𝖊𝖓.
Amt IV

Charles Traynor

Post by Charles Traynor »

Scott wrote:
Wed Feb 17, 2021 10:24 am

:)

Yes!

Free men should not cower in the shadows hiding from degenerates.
Kitty Hart-Moxon (1998): "Believe me, I came into Auschwitz in a much worse condition than I actually left it."

Scott
Site Admin

Post by Scott »

Okay, Public it is. You can now read the Lounge without being logged in, the same as MH2 and H&G.

Let me know if you find any weird side-effects.

Btw, Siberia is still private (you must be logged in to read it) so that is fine for semi-confidential chatting probably.

:-)

“So people are getting injured, and our job is to protect this business, and a part of my job is to also help people. If there’s somebody hurt, I’m running into harm’s way.
That’s why I have my rifle because I need to protect myself, obviously.
But I also have my med-kit.”

~ "Siege" Kyle Rittenhouse
(Kenosha, WI - 25 AUGUST 2020)

Turnagain

Post by Turnagain »

Huntinger wrote:
Wed Feb 17, 2021 5:27 pm
Keep it private, ears to the ground suggest an intense interest in alleged white wing groups with attempt to revoke the 2nd amendment to stop hate speech. I suggest they not be given any ammunition.
White wing groups attempting to revoke the 2nd amend? What the hell are you talking about, Hunt? You been hitting the schnapps again?