Lockdown..whatcha doin?

The RODOH Lounge is a place for general discussion, preferably non-Holocaust. The Lounge is only lightly moderated but please keep this a friendly place to chat with and get to know your fellow board participants.
Huntinger

Lockdown..whatcha doin?

Post by Huntinger »

My area has recently gone into lockdown; well will do in a few hours. I know some are in lockdown; Charles said he spent a week drinking Corona bier :mrgreen: and now gonna do weights.

One of my hobbies is making wine and bier, including Mead, Cider; I give far more wine away than I can drink. The met is made in 20 litre lots using 8kg of the local honey; the flying girls collect this from the clover on the lawn. Der Apfelwein
is from the crab apples growing all over the place, cut up and pressed by hand. The wine is made from locally sourced grapes as I don't grow that much and crushed in the same press as der Apfelwein.

There are plenty of deer to hunt as well as rabbits, hares and wild boar including turkeys.

Obviously I have to hunt for food as going into a town for essential supplies is too risky. Time to read books; I like Dan Brown, currently started Angels and Demons, eat venison and drink whatever ambrosia comes to mind.
What you gonna do.

π•΄π–ˆπ– π–‡π–Šπ–—π–Šπ–šπ–Š π–“π–Žπ–ˆπ–π–™π–˜...π•Ύπ–”π–Ÿπ–Žπ–†π–‘ π–Œπ–Šπ–π–™ π–“π–šπ–— π•Ήπ–†π–™π–Žπ–”π–“π–†π–‘

π•³π–šΜˆπ–“π–™π–Žπ–“π–Œπ–Šπ–—

Would you like to financially contribute to the upkeep of RODOH, kindly contact Scott Smith. All contributions are welcome!

Werd

Re: Lockdown..whatcha doin?

Post by Werd »

Reading books for sure. Two at the moment.

Turnagain

Post by Turnagain »

Huntinger wrote:
There are plenty of deer to hunt as well as rabbits, hares and wild boar including turkeys.
What are your favorite shootin' irons, Hunt? Do you have any favored old "pets" that you particularly prefer over more modern guns? It's a bit of a hobby with me and keeping the old girls in form is an ongoing project for me.

Charles Traynor

Post by Charles Traynor »

My region has not yet gone into lockdown. In fact the authorities are very reluctant to make a meaningful effort to stop the spread of Coronachan despite it popping up in all the towns around here. I am over 50 and decided it would be best to avoid crowds as much as possible so I self isolated voluntarily. Yep, the novelty of nonstop beer drinking soon wore off and I am now making the most of my spare time to improve my fitness.
Kitty Hart-Moxon (1998): "Believe me, I came into Auschwitz in a much worse condition than I actually left it."

torus9

Post by torus9 »

Contemplating the economic devastation that is about to unfold.
T minus 15 days and counting...

Scott
Site Admin

Post by Scott »

People are already starting to lose jobs but most of my colleagues are working from home like me. I guess we are the lucky ones. They kicked us out of our office with little notice last week and we are not even allowed back inside. My productivity has gone down to a fraction of normal. This was peak snowbird season too, so the store shelves emptied quickly--not just toilet paper, which I have plenty of. I don't know if the birds have flown home for the Summer or are just hunkered down like me, but all the restaurants are closed, although a few businesses are doing curbside service and not taking cash. Yeah, if the Internet and Online banking holds up, but it is pretty glitchy. The Internet has been slow with everybody streaming movies, I guess. There are homeless people begging everywhere. Considering that the flu kills so many people, and many refuse to get vaccinated anyway, I am not sure all of this is necessary. They could have closed the borders before the pandemic but that train came and went. It is nice being my own boss, I suppose, but not being on house arrest. The word is that we are expected to stay in bunker mode for the rest of the year. That seems insane. In driving around I am not seeing dead bodies on the pavement, and people are starting to lose their fear and many are now ignoring precautions. Lawlessness could follow. People have been warning against this globalization crap for a long time. So now what?

:roll:

β€œNow we have forced Hitler to war so he no longer can peacefully annihilate one piece of the Treaty of Versailles after the other.”
~ Major General J.F.C. Fuller,
historian – England

Huntinger

Post by Huntinger »

Turnagain wrote: ↑
Mon Mar 23, 2020 12:40 pm
What are your favorite shootin' irons, Hunt? Do you have any favored old "pets" that you particularly prefer over more modern guns? It's a bit of a hobby with me and keeping the old girls in form is an ongoing project for me.
Main rifle is .270, I reload own cartridges; effective range of 500m to bring down a red deer with 120 grain bullet. Old old piece is a le Enfield .303 WWI rifle my grandfather procured from the English with about 10 000 rounds of spahetti cordite smokeless powder as propellant. I love the .303 as a great all round killer. I also hunt with black powder muzzle loaders .50 calibre round ball and of course bow. I hunt with xbow, compound, re-curve and of course the longbow. I think hunting with a bow is more challenging than using rifles.
Honestly if you wish to hunt bear or Moose with a bow, be prepared to die.

π•΄π–ˆπ– π–‡π–Šπ–—π–Šπ–šπ–Š π–“π–Žπ–ˆπ–π–™π–˜...π•Ύπ–”π–Ÿπ–Žπ–†π–‘ π–Œπ–Šπ–π–™ π–“π–šπ–— π•Ήπ–†π–™π–Žπ–”π–“π–†π–‘

π•³π–šΜˆπ–“π–™π–Žπ–“π–Œπ–Šπ–—

Scott
Site Admin

Post by Scott »

Huntinger wrote: ↑
Thu Mar 26, 2020 8:17 am

Old old piece is a Lee Enfield .303 WWI rifle my grandfather procured from the English with about 10 000 rounds of spaghetti cordite smokeless powder as propellant. I love the .303 as a great all round killer.

Rule .303

:)

β€œNow we have forced Hitler to war so he no longer can peacefully annihilate one piece of the Treaty of Versailles after the other.”
~ Major General J.F.C. Fuller,
historian – England