Coronavirus

The RODOH Lounge is a place for general discussion, preferably non-Holocaust. The Lounge is only lightly moderated but please keep this a friendly place to chat with and get to know your fellow board participants.
Huntinger

Coronavirus

Post by Huntinger »

Normal influenza spreads around the world in yearly outbreaks, resulting in about three to five million cases of severe illness and about 290,000 to 650,000 deaths, this means those who contact the flu result in mortality figures of 9.6 - 13%. If the number of people who actually catch the virus and not severely ill, the number drops to about 2% of deaths.

This new strain in china has killed 450 people with 28 000 confirmed cases of those infected. This means the mortality so far is 1.6%, far less than the normal flu and yet there is ultra panic from many nations.

Seems someone is producing a scare for no reason at all.

π•΄π–ˆπ– π–‡π–Šπ–—π–Šπ–šπ–Š π–“π–Žπ–ˆπ–π–™π–˜...π•Ύπ–”π–Ÿπ–Žπ–†π–‘ π–Œπ–Šπ–π–™ π–“π–šπ–— π•Ήπ–†π–™π–Žπ–”π–“π–†π–‘

Amt IV

SUPPORT RODOH!
Would you like to financially contribute to the upkeep of RODOH? Please kindly contact Scott Smith ([email protected]). Any and all contributions are welcome!

been-there
Propositions Moderator

Re: Coronavirus

Post by been-there »

"When people who are honestly mistaken learn the truth,
they either cease being mistaken
or they cease being honest"
-- Anonymous

TheGodfather

Post by TheGodfather »

The West, of course. Also, some scientists believe that the virus is a result of bio-warfare against China:

https://www.globalresearch.ca/china-cor ... te/5702420

https://www.globalresearch.ca/chinas-ne ... ts/5701662

torus9

Post by torus9 »

I give it no attention whatsoever.

torus9

Post by torus9 »

Huntinger wrote: ↑
Tue Feb 04, 2020 4:18 am

Seems someone is producing a scare for no reason at all.
No doubt. For example, Steve "shit/scare-monger" Quayle and his pal, Hal Turner.

"Virus Completely OUT OF CONTROL, Killing Tens-of-Thousands Every day; Gov't Covering-up"

https://halturnerradioshow.com/index.ph ... overing-up

How would you rate your embarrassment response?:

A. Hi!
B. Hello!
C. Good evening

Scott
Site Admin

Post by Scott »

A 2019 Novel Coronavirus case was identified in Tempe, Arizona last week--the fifth case in the United States at the time--and it is somebody affiliated with Arizona State University who is not a student but who had just been to Wuhan.

ASU has a world-class Biodesign Institute, but the local health authorities have not said anything more publicly, so we don't know anything more about the person's actual affiliation, other than them not actually being a student.

ASU does have a huge Chinese student population, and many of them started wearing face masks, and there were early calls to close the University--an idea that was rejected early since the sole diagnosed case was already in isolation and there have been no new cases diagnosed since.

The U.S. has been having a pretty severe influenza epidemic this year, with the flu vaccine more effective against an earlier strain. I've been getting the annual influenza vaccination every year and I have not had the actual flu ever since I can remember, back to at least two decades ago.

In 2009, we were warned to get two flu shots, so that year I got the normal annual influenza mix and a special vaccine for the H1N1 Swine Flu, which turned out not to be nearly as bad as feared. H1N1 was the strain that killed 50 to 100 million people worldwide in the so-called Spanish Flu Pandemic from 1918-22, back when people traveled a lot less readily than they do now in peacetime.

The reason that the Spanish Flu got that name is because during World War I there was strict press censorship in countries at war so accurate information did not readily come out elsewhere. Even today there are claims that the Chinese initially hampered the containment efforts by having an early information blackout about a possible contagion.

Not until near the end of the 20th century was a reliable death toll for the 1918 Influenza Pandemic determined. In the 1920s it was believed to be about 22 million dead. I started citing the latest figures of the 1918 Spanish Flu deaths at from 40-100 million in Online discussion forums around the turn of the 21st century and most people were incredulous. Now 50 million is considered to be the LOWEST figure.

People tend to be incredulous about tens of millions of typhus deaths in the 20th century too. Typhus is very hard to study from the point of epidemiology without actual diagnostic laboratory work because the clinical symptoms are so generic for basically what amounts to a "spotted fever."

The Spanish Flu Pandemic had high mortality because it involved especially virulent pneumonia, similar to SARS back in 2002. Other bad mortality flu pandemic years were the Hong Kong flue in 1968, which was an H3N2 strain, and descended from the more severe H2N2 Asian Flu in 1957. In 1976, there was another H1N1 "Swine Flu" outbreak, and they really pushed the vaccinations but the media hype turned out to be a bust, about like in 2009.

It is hard to predict how severe an epidemic will be and what the mortality will be. Some of the diseases with the highest mortality like the 1348 Black Death plague are self-limiting because they kill their hosts too well to spread the disease efficiently. The Black Death killed from 30 to 60 percent of the European population, and worldwide killed between 75 and 200 million. But it ran its course.

Back at the time of the Spanish Flu a lot of the medical personal were simply not competent by modern standards and had never had any experience whatsoever with laboratory analysis, which is crucial for accurate diagnostics and eradication measures. In the early 20th century there were still doctors who had not even graduated from High School, and the way you became a doctor was to get a clergyman or a politician to vouch for your character and your family's ability to pay your way through medical school, where you spent your time watching surgeries in an operating theater or doing endless dissections of cadavers.

Even today it is not really clear how many people have actually had the Coronavirus, which makes the preliminary mortality figures hugely overblown. It seems to be not as deadly as feared, but that might make the morbidity of the contagion more virulent.

For those who doubt the timely measures taken to contain outbreaks, minutes and seconds matter. If outbreak can be contained early, they might never be seen from again. If they fail to contain it somehow, then they will have to let it run its course.

This is a fascinating subject and there is much to learn about it. Below are a couple of articles I readily found which might be informative on this matter :

The coronavirus is less deadly than SARS so far: Here’s why the fatality rate could rise

Why The World Cares More About The New Coronavirus Than The Flu

:)

β€œNow we have forced Hitler to war so he no longer can peacefully annihilate one piece of the Treaty of Versailles after the other.”
~ Major General J.F.C. Fuller,
historian – England

torus9

Post by torus9 »

Well, we're singing a new tune since a few weeks ago.

Ooh my little viral one, my viral 1
Are you gonna give us some time, Corona?
Ooh you make my home page hum, my home page hum
Propaganda all of the time, Corona

Never gonna stop wearing masks and washing hands
I get half my stuff from that commie China land
My-my-my, bye-bye WHOO
M-m-m My Corona
M-m-m my Corona

Come a little closer, huh, a would ya, huh?
Close enough to implode the markets, Corona
Keeping it a mystery, truth is history
Running down the length of your lies, Corona

Never gonna stop, keep it up, such a dirty grind
I always get it up for the touch of the fear-based mind
My-my-my, bye-bye WHOO
M-m-m my Corona
M-m-m my Corona

When ya gonna give to me, a cyst to me
Is it just a matter of time, Corona?
Is it d-d-destiny, d-destiny
Or is it just a game of the mind, Corona

Charles Traynor

Post by Charles Traynor »

There have been a couple of cases of the Coronavirus diagnosed in towns very near me in the last couple of days. I am now fully prepared for a quarantine lock-down lasting a couple of weeks or longer. Even if we lose mains electricity I have a small gas stove and plenty of candles recently purchased from Amazon stored and ready for use in the cellar. I don’t normally eat tinned food but I now have stacks of it, dried food etc. and of course the mandatory stockpile of toilet paper.

Have any of you guys begun preparing for a quarantine situation? Do you even intend preparing? Have there been any Covid-19 cases reported close to you?
Kitty Hart-Moxon (1998): "Believe me, I came into Auschwitz in a much worse condition than I actually left it."

Charles Traynor

Spain closes its airspace, aircraft turned away. Too little too late. :roll:
Kitty Hart-Moxon (1998): "Believe me, I came into Auschwitz in a much worse condition than I actually left it."

Charles Traynor

I am actually looking forward to a mandatory quarantine. My freezer is full of real food meaning I won’t need to go near the tinned stuff for quite a while. Unfortunately, looking at the incompetent way this virus outbreak has been handled by the authorities up to now I and most others in Europe will probably be infected by the time a lock-down is called.