Random Third Reich Images & Discussion

The RODOH Lounge is a place for general discussion, preferably non-Holocaust. The Lounge is only lightly moderated but please keep this a friendly place to chat with and get to know your fellow board participants.
rollo the ganger

Re: Random Third Reich Images & Discussion

Post by rollo the ganger »

One may wonder why Hitler and Il Duce wore military uniforms and regalia at what was a diplomatic mission. The two of them should have worn civilian clothing like the English and the French. It seems inappropriate and confrontational to me.

SUPPORT RODOH!
Would you like to financially contribute to the upkeep of RODOH? Please kindly contact Scott Smith ([email protected]). Any and all contributions are welcome!

been-there
Propositions Moderator

Post by been-there »

rollo the ganger wrote:
Mon Sep 30, 2019 8:47 am
One may wonder why Hitler and Il Duce wore military uniforms and regalia at what was a diplomatic mission. The two of them should have worn civilian clothing like the English and the French. It seems inappropriate and confrontational to me.
Good observation. I hadn't even noticed that. Thanks for pointing it out.
"When people who are honestly mistaken learn the truth,
they either cease being mistaken
or they cease being honest"
-- Anonymous

Scott
Site Admin

Post by Scott »

been-there wrote:
Mon Sep 30, 2019 9:32 am
rollo the ganger wrote:
Mon Sep 30, 2019 8:47 am

Good observation. I hadn't even noticed that. Thanks for pointing it out.

If you mean at the Munich Conference, Hitler is wearing a Brown Party uniform with a swastika armband and not a strictly military uniform. Hermann Göring (not yet the Reichsmarschall or bearer of the Grand Cross) is wearing his uniform as Reich Aviation Minister and supreme commander of the Luftwaffe, but he also had many other government positions.

The only thing military about Hitler's brown uniform was that he wore his WWI Iron Cross 1st Class and WWI Wound Badge (in Black) on his coat--below his NSDAP Golden Party Badge.

Also at this time, after the scandal and resignation earlier in the year of Generalfeldmarschall Werner von Blomberg, who was Minister of War and Commander in Chief of the Wehrmacht, Hitler had started wearing a Heer cockade and device on his brown service cap (see comparisons below). Hitler did not even start wearing his gray-green Army uniform--no swastika armband--until the beginning of WWII.

At Hitler's first historic meeting with Mussolini at Venice on June 14th, 1934, Hitler thought it went awkwardly because he gets off the trimotor Lufthansa airplane in a civilian suit of clothes, whereas Il Duce sports a uniform. Hitler was henceforth always seen with Musso wearing either his Brown Party uniform, or during the war wearing his gray-green Army uniform. Hitler almost never wore civilian clothing in public after the beginning of WWII.

Musso with a Brown-uniformed Hitler and Deputy-Führer Rudolf Hess in Italy in 1936─no Hitler Heer cap cockade.

Hermann Göring, Ciano, Hitler, and Musso at Munich in 1938─note Hitler's brown uniform Army cap cockade.

Some of the other Germans pictured at the Munich conference are Party officials, staff personnel of guards regiments, e.g., like how the USMC would be the guards regiments at American embassies and so forth. I don't know the history of Mussolini's uniform, but Count Ciano, Mussolini's son-in-law was the Italian Foreign Minister and had commanded a bomber squadron during the Italo-Ethiopian war a couple of years earlier. Musso and Ciano are wearing similar uniforms.

Hitler was a Head of State after the death of President von Hindenburg, and at the of the Munich conference. Of course, while Mussolini and Chamberlain were NOT Heads of state, their respective royal monarchs were.

Also, aristocrats and diplomats have often worn uniforms or paramilitary uniforms at "diplomatic" functions, so this is no huge faux pas or particular atrocity. At the May 20, 1910 funeral of King Edward VII, for example, those pictured below are all wearing formal uniforms. Kaiser Wilhelm II (standing) and King George V (seated in front of him) were both the grandchildren of the late Queen Victoria. (In fact, Wilhelm II was Victoria's eldest grandson.)

Stalin wore a uniform of some kind at the Yalta conference in February, 1945. Churchill, the former First Lord of the Admiralty, conspicuously wore his Air Marshal's uniform at the Yalta conference, which was contemporaneous with the Ash Wednesday RAF terror-bombing at Dresden. President Roosevelt wore a banker's business suit at Yalta, although perhaps this costume was less plutocratic than the one worn with top hat by President Wilson and the big-guys at Versailles a generation earlier.

:-)

“So people are getting injured, and our job is to protect this business, and a part of my job is to also help people. If there’s somebody hurt, I’m running into harm’s way.
That’s why I have my rifle because I need to protect myself, obviously.
But I also have my med-kit.”

~ "Siege" Kyle Rittenhouse
(Kenosha, WI - 25 AUGUST 2020)

rollo the ganger

Post by rollo the ganger »

Why the Swastika armband? Poor diplomatic etiquette for a peace mission and the English and French could go back to their own countries and whisper to everyone what a bunch of ill-mannered lower class boobs the Fascists and Nazis are. Knowing they'd be photographed and printed in every newspaper in the world what was the message the Axis leaders were trying to make with their regalia? The message they sent, deliberate or not, was that they were militant, unyielding, uncouth, demanding war mongers. It may have turned out to be diplomatic failure on the part of the Allies but it was a propaganda victory in the sense it labelled the Axis for the World's populace to believe they weren't for peace.

Scott
Site Admin

Post by Scott »

rollo the ganger wrote:
Tue Oct 01, 2019 10:06 am

Why the Swastika armband? Poor diplomatic etiquette for a peace mission and the English and French could go back to their own countries and whisper to everyone what a bunch of ill-mannered lower class boobs the Fascists and Nazis are. Knowing they'd be photographed and printed in every newspaper in the world what was the message the Axis leaders were trying to make with their regalia? The message they sent, deliberate or not, was that they were militant, unyielding, uncouth, demanding war mongers. It may have turned out to be diplomatic failure on the part of the Allies but it was a propaganda victory in the sense it labelled the Axis for the World's populace to believe they weren't for peace.

I understand your point, but really, the only ones who might be offended by the German national symbol of the time would have been the Jew-owned media who decidedly did not want ANY serious talks going on with Nazi Germany at all.

One of Trump's talents is that he knows how to troll the media-elites. Most any other naïve politicians, particularly Conservatives, would "Cuck" obsequiously just as soon as some butthurt party presented with some outrage. Trump's usual response is to either ignore the brouhaha or double-down against his critics. But if you apologize or flinch, the Lügenpresse will only smell the blood in the water and double-down on you themselves.

Not that German propaganda was always especially astute in reading their critics─for example, Goebbels seems to have completely botched the situation regarding the November 1938 Kristallnacht riots, particularly the overseas narrative and the context of the vom Rath assassination in Paris that triggered those events in the first place.

Remember that the American flag is triggering to many Leftist shïtbirds nowadays. I think it was President Reagan who started wearing an American flag pin on his left lapel during the arms control negotiations with Gorbachev in the 1980s. Even Obama wore the American flag pin on his left lapel, which is the standard Presidential look today. However, the Betsy Ross flag logo had to be removed from Nike shoes recently─and notably, it wasn't because Tommy Atkins or the Redcoats complained.

Anyway, the swastika was fairly harmless until the Jews said otherwise.

I remember some authentic Navajo carpets that my aunt owned when I was a kid; they were made in the before-time with swastika patterns and had the Schwarz, Weiss, Rot colors that would have actually looked like the German national flag during the Third Reich if you ran the rug up a flagpole.

And prior to World War II, some American National Guard units had a Thunderbird emblem carrying a swastika. The private college in Idaho that I went to before Idaho State had swastika ornamentation on its yearbook long before the Good War. I don't have a scan of that but this 1927 period Arizona highway road sign from where I live would make a great avatar.

:-)

“So people are getting injured, and our job is to protect this business, and a part of my job is to also help people. If there’s somebody hurt, I’m running into harm’s way.
That’s why I have my rifle because I need to protect myself, obviously.
But I also have my med-kit.”

~ "Siege" Kyle Rittenhouse
(Kenosha, WI - 25 AUGUST 2020)

been-there
Propositions Moderator

Post by been-there »

x

WARTIME CHRISTMAS

Huntinger

Post by Huntinger »

Die soziale Heimatpartei
𝕴𝖈𝖍 𝖇𝖊𝖗𝖊𝖚𝖊 𝖓𝖎𝖈𝖍𝖙𝖘...𝕾𝖔𝖟𝖎𝖆𝖑 𝖌𝖊𝖍𝖙 𝖓𝖚𝖗 𝕹𝖆𝖙𝖎𝖔𝖓𝖆𝖑

Amt IV

been-there
Propositions Moderator

Post by been-there »

Huntinger

Paris under Reich Control

Post by Huntinger »

Besetzt Paris 2. Weltkrieg
Quelle des Fotos
Captive city: An elephant reaches across from its enclosure to take something from the hand of a youngster.
Andre Zucca’s series of photographs, such as these young women posing in unusual sunglasses.

women dressed in the height of fashion and courting young lovers enjoying the French sunshine

Two fashionably dressed young men stand by a tandem bicycle towing a carriage of sorts

A German soldier looks on at lethargic-looking polar bears at the Ménagerie du Jardin des Plantes, Paris’s famous zoo

A sign advertises the Europe Against Bolshevism exhibition, held under the auspices of Nazi front organisation the anti-Bolshevik Action Committee in Paris in 1942

A part of the Seine is pontooned off into a swimming pool, which is filled with hundreds of Parisians grabbing a chance to cool off in the summer heat

Die soziale Heimatpartei
𝕴𝖈𝖍 𝖇𝖊𝖗𝖊𝖚𝖊 𝖓𝖎𝖈𝖍𝖙𝖘...𝕾𝖔𝖟𝖎𝖆𝖑 𝖌𝖊𝖍𝖙 𝖓𝖚𝖗 𝕹𝖆𝖙𝖎𝖔𝖓𝖆𝖑

Amt IV