Prof. J.S. Hayward and the Daily Mail

The RODOH Lounge is a place for general discussion, preferably non-Holocaust. The Lounge is only lightly moderated but please keep this a friendly place to chat with and get to know your fellow board participants.
been-there
Propositions Moderator

Re: Prof. J.S. Hayward and the Daily Mail

Post by been-there »

been-there wrote:Do any of the true-believers know what "flaws" Joel apologised for and recanted? Just curious how far your interest has taken you...
"When people who are honestly mistaken learn the truth,
they either cease being mistaken
or they cease being honest"
-- Anonymous

SUPPORT RODOH!
Would you like to financially contribute to the upkeep of RODOH? Please kindly contact Scott Smith ([email protected]). Any and all contributions are welcome!

Statistical Mechanic

Post by Statistical Mechanic »

been-there wrote:
been-there wrote:Do any of the true-believers know what "flaws" Joel apologised for and recanted? Just curious how far your interest has taken you...
It really didn't bear repeating.
"the Germans had ample justifiable cause to oppose a minority within their society who worked AGAINST their county's interests" -- been-there, 24 April 2014

been-there
Propositions Moderator

Post by been-there »

Statistical Mechanic wrote:
been-there wrote:
It really didn't bear repeating.
Ah, ...so, as I expected, you don't really know the details of what you are talking about. How revealing.
-- Anonymous

Statistical Mechanic

Oh, you presumed a deep interest, I guess. There isn't any. Sometimes it is just fun to watch you flounder. Hayward, as you've finally noticed, was an MA student who did something really minor, which you guys like trotting out as something important and which I find shoddy every time some rev posts something from it.
"the Germans had ample justifiable cause to oppose a minority within their society who worked AGAINST their county's interests" -- been-there, 24 April 2014

been-there
Propositions Moderator

Post by been-there »

Statistical Mechanic wrote:Oh, you presumed a deep interest.
No. Just enough interest to know something about what you maintain was a genuine uncoerced apology. You posted his recantation. I merely expected someone genuinely investigating this topic impartially and objectively would actually be interested in what it was that Hayward referred to when he wrote "that I mistakenly wrote erroneous things".
-- Anonymous

Statistical Mechanic

If you post it I will read it. But, no, I'm not interested enough in this minor "something" to spend time googling to learn more. I'm actually interested in the period we're discussing (along with major work done about it) but not so much in minor figures tangential to the topic. For the record, I don't recall taking a position on whether his dismissal of his MA thesis was genuinely motivated or not.

rollo the ganger

Post by rollo the ganger »

Been-there, why do you bother with this pig?

been-there
Propositions Moderator

Post by been-there »

rollo the ganger wrote:Been-there, why do you bother...?
To see if there is any coherent counter argument, other than obfusaction and name-calling.
-- Anonymous

Statistical Mechanic

So he can ignore counter-arguments and get props from his droogs?

rollo the ganger

Post by rollo the ganger »

been-there wrote:
rollo the ganger wrote:Been-there, why do you bother...?
To see if there is any coherent counter argument, other than obfusaction and name-calling.
That's all the hoaxsters have been posting for weeks. You're patience is infinite but you wait to see in vain. They've even started a thread in Siberia called "fuck of been-there". Absolute proof of hoaxster mentality. The hoaxsters posting there are the same as those posting in the main forum so there is no difference really in what they're saying. But if you're having fun...