Bah Humbug Christmas

This board is open for all subject matters. Post information and discussion materials about open-debate and censorship on other boards (including this one) here. Memory Hole 2 is a RODOH subforum for alternate perspectives.
torus9

Re: Bah Humbug Christmas

Post by torus9 »

Scott wrote:
Wed Dec 23, 2020 3:00 am
If anyone figures this one out for real, I would be interested.

Image[/center]
Nice pic, Scott. Thanks! There are of course corners of the www that regard this event as having tremendous significance. It is a somewhat trivial celestial coincidence.

Regarding the aforementioned 'for real' issue, one has to cultivate a genuine sense of comfort in 'not knowing' which isn't just a smug indifference. It took numerous spins around the Sun before I grew tired of the endless debates, discussions, and diatribes, vying for supremacy not just within the skull-chatter of my own mind ('knot knowing') but the world at large as well. All speculation upon conditional forms of genesis grew meaningless. To be honest, the so-called 'big bang' explains about as much as 'in the beginning...'

SUPPORT RODOH!
Would you like to financially contribute to the upkeep of RODOH? Please kindly contact Scott Smith ([email protected]). Any and all contributions are welcome!

torus9

Post by torus9 »

We're a living mystery...
There's a somewhat 'Hallmark' form of Buddhism presented here by the Vietnamese monk Thich Nhat Hahn but the music and camera work is spectacular. But more importantly my sweet mom of 87 spins around the Sun really likes it. A Christian woman with no ideological, political, or philosophical, axe to grind. Probably the wisest person I know. God bless, mom.

Charles Traynor

Post by Charles Traynor »

Scott wrote:
Wed Dec 23, 2020 3:00 am

So I saw the big Christmas star. It was not that impressive and I don't think that the Star of Bethlehem was anything but pious fiction. But the alignment of Jupiter and Saturn was a "once in a lifetime event," so there is that.

I was looking forward to witnessing this Great Conjunction but the weather was very overcast and made viewing it impossible where I am located in Europe. I console myself in the knowledge I was alive during the last visit of Hale-Bopp and that really was a sight to remember.

Who could forget Heaven's Gate and how they added greatly to the entertainment at the time. They intrigued me, not as a wannabe cultist, but in the sheer craziness of the group. I even emailed them at the time using the email address supplied on their website and got a reply.

Kitty Hart-Moxon (1998): "Believe me, I came into Auschwitz in a much worse condition than I actually left it."

Scott
Site Admin

Post by Scott »

When I was a kid they were hyping Comet Kahoutek (1973), named after an astronomer who discovered it the previous year. Kahoutek was billed as the Comet of the Century, but other than American and Russian astronauts seeing it, the comet largely disintegrated on its return trip around the sun and turned into a fabulous flop. Kahoutek will return in about 75 thousand years and needn't bother.

I did see Halley's Comet in the Winter of 1986. Although my viewing location in rural Idaho was excellent─other than being pretty cold─this was reportedly the worst Halley's appearance in the past 2000 years. It was supposed to be a dirty snowball with a long incandescent tail. To me it looked just like a weird ice cream cone arcing in the night sky, with a pathetically short tail oriented mostly out of view.

Halley's earlier visit every 76 years was one of the most spectacular on record, and there was a bit of an apocalyptic panic in 1910 as the Earth was meant that time to pass through Halley's cyanogen-infused comet tail. But those fears were ill-informed as the density of the gas involved was meaningless.

Halley's 1910 Spring appearance forsaged the deaths of Mark Twain and then King Edward VII. The crowned heads of Europe, including his nephew, Kaiser Wilhelm II, met together at the English monarch's funeral for the last time in peace. This was probably the Apex of the Western world, which has been in relative freefall ever since.

When Halley's Comet returns for the next time in the Summer of 2061, it is expected to be resplendent viewing, being on the same side of the sun as the Earth. However, It is very unlikely that I will be there to see it, since if I were still alive, I would be about to turn 100 years old.

In was in Arizona for Hale-Bopp in 1997 and never saw anything but a big blop with the Phoenix city light pollution. I guess I should have driven far out into the dark desert, but I was not expecting much after my previous experiences with Kahoutek (below) or Halley's and never did that─so my low expectations were duly met.

:)

“So people are getting injured, and our job is to protect this business, and a part of my job is to also help people. If there’s somebody hurt, I’m running into harm’s way.
That’s why I have my rifle because I need to protect myself, obviously.
But I also have my med-kit.”

~ "Siege" Kyle Rittenhouse
(Kenosha, WI - 25 AUGUST 2020)

torus9

Post by torus9 »

Great vid of a fireball over China.

https://weibo.com/5075857703/JzLq8Aa6y