The Recent Mass Banning

This board is open for all subject matters. Post information and discussion materials about open-debate and censorship on other boards (including this one) here. Memory Hole 2 is a RODOH subforum for alternate perspectives.
Depth Check
Site Moderator

Re: The Recent Mass Banning

Post by Depth Check »

Jeffk1970 is taking a short 6hr break for abusing his opponent and the overuse of vulgar language.

Would you like to financially contribute to the upkeep of RODOH, kindly contact Scott Smith. All contributions are welcome!

been-there
Propositions Moderator

Post by been-there »

Jeffk1970 wrote:
Wed Mar 25, 2020 9:51 pm
Huntinger wrote:
Wed Mar 25, 2020 9:47 pm
Jeffk1970 wrote:
Wed Mar 25, 2020 9:28 pm

Martin Luther.....what a wanker.
Do some reading JeffK, put down the Tanakh and expand your repertoire of reading; increase the arsenal of knowledge you do not have just yet. You seem stuck in an intellectual bubble; your cultural heritage perhaps. Cut your hair, have a shower (with soap), release yourself from those wretched garments and become a new you.
There we go again. So incredibly predictable.....

So, two wankers.
Depth Check wrote:
Thu Mar 26, 2020 10:08 am
Jeffk1970 is taking a short 6hr break for abusing his opponent and the overuse of vulgar language.

A 6 hour ban for three off-topic posts in succession with nothing but abusive provocation (that are allowed to remain)???! :o :lol:

Oh boy!
And that after a mass-banning for ON-TOPIC posts with mild language??!!

This is NOT a deterrent. This must be a joke. Erm... is it April 1st already...?
"When people who are honestly mistaken learn the truth,
they either cease being mistaken
or they cease being honest"
-- Anonymous

Depth Check
Site Moderator

Post by Depth Check »

been-there wrote:
Thu Mar 26, 2020 10:14 am

A 6 hour ban for three off-topic posts in succession with nothing but abusive provocation (that are allowed to remain)???! :o :lol:

Oh boy!

This is NOT a deterrent. This must be a joke. Erm... is it April 1st already...?

Contrary to popular belief I do not enjoy banning people. Jeffk1970 has not been banned for a while therefore I gave him a slapped wrist 6hr ban which is equivalent to what those taken down in the recent mass banning received. You should also remember this is not the Holocaust forum and I do not hold people to the same standard of behaviour here. RODOH will not become a Trotskyite Gulag like CODOH and SSF as long as I have any say in the matter.

Everyone needs to understand that the Holocaust Forum is why RODOH exists and behaviour there should be impeccable. Sadly most people seem to have forgotten that, hence the recent mass banning. The real censors are those who set out to silence Holocaust debate in a cluster of BS and those who knowingly or unknowingly assist them with the derails.

Bill Foster

Post by Bill Foster »

been-there wrote:
Wed Mar 25, 2020 7:09 am

And a mild irritation as I lost a post I'd spent about 20 minutes on writing because my banning occurred seconds before sending it. I know this as I was periodically previewing it without hindrance.

Lupus Rothstein

Post by Lupus Rothstein »

Been There's idea of 'debate'

1) Makes a ridiculous false claim
2) Gets debunked
3) Puts debunker on ignore
4) Rants about everyone being deluded and are unwilling to engage in debate with intellectual giants like himself
5) Gets debunked
6) Puts debunker on ignore

repeat

been-there
Propositions Moderator

Post by been-there »

Depth Check wrote:
Thu Mar 26, 2020 1:45 pm
been-there wrote:
Thu Mar 26, 2020 10:14 am
Oh boy!

Contrary to popular belief I do not enjoy banning people.
:? I'm not suggesting you did.

Depth Check wrote:
Jeffk1970 has not been banned for a while
er... so are you saying it works like a rota system?? ;)

Depth Check wrote:
therefore I gave him a slapped wrist 6hr ban
I AGAIN suggest that what you are doing is pointless and IS NOT A DETERRENT! Certain people who seek only to insult, provoke and irritate are not affected by a painless six hour ban. Nor even a 24 our one. They do not contribute by writing anything which if lost by a banning would cause them to alter their behaviour. They write throw-away remarks designed only to abuse or provoke. Or — if anyone thinks I'm wrong — show me something by Jeff or Asher that adds anything to anyone's knowledge of the actual history or its current presentation in the media?

Did you read my suggestions?
If so... is there a reason why will you not reply to them as requested?

Depth Check wrote:
...which is equivalent to what those taken down in the recent mass banning received.
The misdemenour's were NOT remotely equivalent.
You banned people with an accusation they "went out of their way" to break rules, ignore directives and to “upset the smooth running of the forum”. I think that accusation was wrong. You banned people who were — and repeatedly are — discussing on-topic. And you suggested they piss off and go somewhere else. So by doing so I suggest you perhaps inadvertently have yourself “upset the smooth running of the forum”.
And the irony is that the very people who must be overjoyed at this are the very people who DO want to “upset the smooth running of the forum” and who take EVERY opportunity to do so by provoking the regulars. You lumped all these together in your mass-banning.
I think the deliberate provokers instead of being deterred by the mass 24hr banning must have been delighted by it. Which is why I am suggesting it wasn't affective as a deterrent. On the contrary. Do you see?

Depth Check wrote:
RODOH will not become a Trotskyite Gulag like CODOH and SSF as long as I have any say in the matter.
And I'm not suggesting that either. Please do read my ACTUAL suggestions, and reply privately if you prefer.

Depth Check wrote:
Everyone needs to understand that the Holocaust Forum is why RODOH exists and behaviour there should be impeccable.
Then why allow time-waster idiots to disrupt it for months on end with semi-literate, mindless provocation? And then ban people on mass with clearly incorrect accusations, when regulars who are here to discuss on-topic, respond to relentless provocations by naming the idiocy?

E.g.
viewtopic.php?p=166319#p166319
viewtopic.php?p=166643#p166643
viewtopic.php?p=166765#p166765
viewtopic.php?p=166765#p166765

viewtopic.php?p=166722#p166722
and bragging about it here: https://www.skepticforum.com/viewtopic. ... 50#p759992

One is still doing it now: viewtopic.php?p=167176#p167176
viewtopic.php?p=167186#p167186

Depth Check wrote:
The real censors are those who set out to silence Holocaust debate in a cluster of BS and those who knowingly or unknowingly assist them with the derails.
I agree. Therefore I request you to please respond to my numbered suggestions for dealing with "those" people. :)
"When people who are honestly mistaken learn the truth,
they either cease being mistaken
or they cease being honest"
-- Anonymous

Huntinger

Budu Svanidze Treblinka

Post by Huntinger »

I can understand the frustration DC feels. In October 2016 the moderator Budu Svanidze wrote:
Budu Svanidze wrote:
Mon Oct 03, 2016 6:03 pm
Turnagain and Nessie

No more posts on this thread about excavators at Treblinka please. Thank you.
:lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:
Quite a few years later (3 years and 4 months later) something clicks and Nessie says
Nessie wrote:
Tue Feb 18, 2020 4:23 pm
But Turnagain is wanting to discuss hermetic seals, vacuum chambers, draglines etc
That was Budu's last post. I guess he threw his hands up in the air. :roll: :roll:
The last stand

𝕴𝖈𝖍 𝖇𝖊𝖗𝖊𝖚𝖊 𝖓𝖎𝖈𝖍𝖙𝖘...𝕾𝖔𝖟𝖎𝖆𝖑 𝖌𝖊𝖍𝖙 𝖓𝖚𝖗 𝕹𝖆𝖙𝖎𝖔𝖓𝖆𝖑
Alle Trolljuden werden ignoriert

Nessie

Post by Nessie »

Why not dedicate part of the forum to open debate between the different sides?

You already have the Formal Propositions where debate is restricted.
Make Holocaust & Genocide denier only to discuss their version.
You have the Lounge to discuss other topics.

You could then leave Memory Hole or Siberia for an open debate for those who want to.
Consistency and standards in evidencing viewtopic.php?f=13&t=2721#p87772
My actual argument viewtopic.php?f=13&t=2834

Scott - On a side note, this forum is turning into a joke with the vicious attacks--and completely unnecessary vitriol--that everybody is making upon each other.

Huntinger

Post by Huntinger »

Nessie wrote:
Sat Mar 28, 2020 9:32 am
Why not dedicate part of the forum to open debate between the different sides?

You already have the Formal Propositions where debate is restricted.
Make Holocaust & Genocide denier only to discuss their version.
You have the Lounge to discuss other topics.

You could then leave Memory Hole or Siberia for an open debate for those who want to.
3 years and 4 months, that forced one moderator to surrender and now another one. Going back and forth for years and years with did. didn't. did. didn't, evidence, where did they go. did. didn't must even make the two cells in the cerebellum scream for mercy.

I agree a special asylum is needed where some can play with their imaginary friends for years.
At Klowns the following was said:
Nessie wrote:My comments are purely directed at any deniers who read the threads here. All I am doing is pointing out to those deniers, that we know what they are up to and how their stupid tactics are fails.

You know that my MO is to attack denier arguments, in particular their use of fallacies and reversal of the burden of proof. Nothing I say is directed at you or anyone else who is not a denier.
Balmoral95 who knows that hot air and excrement is flowing, says the following:
Balmoral95 wrote: So telling them that you know what they know and everybody else knows is effective how?
to which the genius replies.
Nessie wrote:It is one way to undermine their arguments. Which is what all of us are doing here.
Yes the special asylum is needed. :roll: :roll: :roll:

𝕴𝖈𝖍 𝖇𝖊𝖗𝖊𝖚𝖊 𝖓𝖎𝖈𝖍𝖙𝖘...𝕾𝖔𝖟𝖎𝖆𝖑 𝖌𝖊𝖍𝖙 𝖓𝖚𝖗 𝕹𝖆𝖙𝖎𝖔𝖓𝖆𝖑
Alle Trolljuden werden ignoriert