Why are revisionist beliefs increasing rather than declining

This board is open for all subject matters. Post information and discussion materials about open-debate and censorship on other boards (including this one) here. Memory Hole 2 is a RODOH subforum for alternate perspectives.
User avatar
PowerWolf1889
Posts: 392
Joined: Tue Sep 22, 2015 7:10 pm
Contact:

Re: Why are revisionist beliefs increasing rather than declining

Post by PowerWolf1889 »

"That statement is incorrect. Whilst it is true holocaust revisionism does not hit the headlines as much as it once did there are some very good reasons for this."
PowerWolf1889 wrote:I disagree. Revisionism is on the wane.


Would you like to financially contribute to the upkeep of RODOH, kindly contact Scott Smith. All contributions are welcome!


rollo the ganger
Posts: 6232
Joined: Thu Jul 12, 2012 12:34 am
Contact:

Re: Why are revisionist beliefs increasing rather than declining

Post by rollo the ganger »

PowerWolf1889 wrote:"That statement is incorrect. Whilst it is true holocaust revisionism does not hit the headlines as much as it once did there are some very good reasons for this."
PowerWolf1889 wrote:I disagree. Revisionism is on the wane.
For what reasons do you say "Revisionism is on the wane"...?

Facts? Figures? Impressions?

User avatar
DasPrussian
Posts: 3257
Joined: Mon Mar 10, 2014 5:14 pm
Contact:

Re: Why are revisionist beliefs increasing rather than declining

Post by DasPrussian »

rollo the ganger wrote:
PowerWolf1889 wrote:"That statement is incorrect. Whilst it is true holocaust revisionism does not hit the headlines as much as it once did there are some very good reasons for this."
PowerWolf1889 wrote:I disagree. Revisionism is on the wane.
For what reasons do you say "Revisionism is on the wane"...?

Facts? Figures? Impressions?

Here's a fact - revisionism is full of cranks

Here's a figure - out of approx. 50 revisionists 30 are cranks and the rest are criminals.

Here's an impression - "mmmmnnnnn shlmmmmmmm uurrghhhhhh awooooooooooooo " - (of Rollo the Ganger explaining to his social worker that his head hurts)
All I want for Christmas is a Dukla Prague away kit

User avatar
blake121666
Posts: 3376
Joined: Wed Aug 22, 2012 6:26 am
Contact:

Re: Why are revisionist beliefs increasing rather than declining

Post by blake121666 »

Yes, it is Revisionists who are the cranks! :roll:

Have you heard a Holocaust survivor story lately, genius?

User avatar
PowerWolf1889
Posts: 392
Joined: Tue Sep 22, 2015 7:10 pm
Contact:

Re: Why are revisionist beliefs increasing rather than declining

Post by PowerWolf1889 »

I must agree with Das Prussian. Revisionists have become some of the worst bullies and haters the Internet has to offer. And they are dripping with misogyny and womanizing, 99% of them.

User avatar
DasPrussian
Posts: 3257
Joined: Mon Mar 10, 2014 5:14 pm
Contact:

Re: Why are revisionist beliefs increasing rather than declining

Post by DasPrussian »

PowerWolf1889 wrote:I must agree with Das Prussian. Revisionists have become some of the worst bullies and haters the Internet has to offer. And they are dripping with misogyny and womanizing, 99% of them.
I can well understand why womanizing would be an activity actively pursued by Holocaust Revisionists, as ( sweeping generalisation alert :oops: :oops: ) women are more likely to fall for the bullshit !
All I want for Christmas is a Dukla Prague away kit

User avatar
DasPrussian
Posts: 3257
Joined: Mon Mar 10, 2014 5:14 pm
Contact:

Re: Why are revisionist beliefs increasing rather than declining

Post by DasPrussian »

blake121666 wrote:Yes, it is Revisionists who are the cranks! :roll:

Have you heard a Holocaust survivor story lately, genius?
I possess just one book which could be described as a 'survivor story', and that is Miklos Nyiszli's account of his time in Auschwitz. But if you are suggesting there are similarities between 'cranks' and 'survivors', then on the whole I would have to disagree. I take it you are making reference to the instances of 'poetic licence' that appear in survivors accounts. But that is only natural in my opinion.

I would hazard a guess that everyone adds a bit of 'billy bullshit' when recounting tales of past events, especially autobiographical accounts. Even when I listen to friends talking about or explaining events or other circumstances then I automatically assume most of it will be exaggerated or inaccurate, although the main issue will generally be correct.

But 'crankiness' in the guise of HD is different. It is several notches higher in the bullshitting league table, and is more sinister. It is also worrying that people can actually seriously believe in what they are saying, so I believe it must also involve psychiatric illness.
All I want for Christmas is a Dukla Prague away kit

User avatar
Henry
Posts: 1117
Joined: Mon Jun 17, 2013 2:38 am
Contact:

Re: Why are revisionist beliefs increasing rather than declining

Post by Henry »

DasPrussian wrote:...It is also worrying that people can actually seriously believe in what they are saying, so I believe it must also involve psychiatric illness.
I agree. Here's a very good example of what you describe..."It wasn't a lie, it was my imagination"

rollo the ganger
Posts: 6232
Joined: Thu Jul 12, 2012 12:34 am
Contact:

Re: Why are revisionist beliefs increasing rather than declining

Post by rollo the ganger »

"The Three Stooges" have had their say, now get back on topic and answer a question pertinent to the topic:
RTG wrote:For what reasons do you say "Revisionism is on the wane"...?

Facts? Figures? Impressions?

User avatar
DasPrussian
Posts: 3257
Joined: Mon Mar 10, 2014 5:14 pm
Contact:

Re: Why are revisionist beliefs increasing rather than declining

Post by DasPrussian »

Henry wrote:
DasPrussian wrote:...It is also worrying that people can actually seriously believe in what they are saying, so I believe it must also involve psychiatric illness.
I agree. Here's a very good example of what you describe..."It wasn't a lie, it was my imagination"
At least this geezer admits he was bullshitting, and he actually provides a 'reason' for his behaviour ( cos he loves his wife ???? aw, how sweet lol)

Deniers appear less forthcoming with their confessions . Is that because they don't believe they were lying or deliberately misrepresenting facts in the first place ?
All I want for Christmas is a Dukla Prague away kit

Post Reply

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: No registered users and 7 guests