Witness credibility

Discuss the alleged Nazi genocide or other wartime atrocities without fear of censorship. No bullying of fellow posters is allowed at RODOH. If you can't be civil, please address the argument and not the participants. Do not use disparaging alterations of the user-names of other RODOH posters or their family members. Failure to heed warnings from Moderators will result in a 24 hour ban (or longer if necessary).
Turnagain
Posts: 10065
Joined: Tue Jun 17, 2014 11:44 pm
Contact:

Re: Witness credibility

Post by Turnagain »

Nessie wrote:
How do you know what Solzhenitsyn wrote was true?
So tell us why you think that Solzhenitsyn lied or "exaggerated" or used "hyperbole" or made "mistakes".

SUPPORT RODOH!
Would you like to financially contribute to the upkeep of RODOH? Please kindly contact Scott Smith ([email protected]). Any and all contributions are welcome!


User avatar
Nessie
Posts: 31394
Joined: Fri Mar 07, 2014 5:00 pm
Contact:

Re: Witness credibility

Post by Nessie »

Turnagain wrote:
Mon Feb 22, 2021 8:12 pm
Nessie wrote:
How do you know what Solzhenitsyn wrote was true?
So tell us why you think that Solzhenitsyn lied or "exaggerated" or used "hyperbole" or made "mistakes".
Like everyone, his memory is flawed, so his description of events is not going to be perfect. He was not prone to exaggerations etc. But that is not why I think he told the truth. I think he told the truth because his claims about the gulags are corroborated by other evidence.

How do you know what Solzhenitsyn wrote was true?
Consistency and standards in evidencing viewtopic.php?f=13&t=2721#p87772
My actual argument viewtopic.php?f=13&t=2834

Scott - On a side note, this forum is turning into a joke with the vicious attacks--and completely unnecessary vitriol--that everybody is making upon each other.

Turnagain
Posts: 10065
Joined: Tue Jun 17, 2014 11:44 pm
Contact:

Re: Witness credibility

Post by Turnagain »

Nessie wrote:
I think he told the truth because his claims about the gulags are corroborated by other evidence.
What other evidence? Be specific.

User avatar
Nessie
Posts: 31394
Joined: Fri Mar 07, 2014 5:00 pm
Contact:

Re: Witness credibility

Post by Nessie »

Turnagain wrote:
Mon Feb 22, 2021 8:24 pm
Nessie wrote:
I think he told the truth because his claims about the gulags are corroborated by other evidence.
What other evidence? Be specific.
Other prisoners and guards, photos, documents, the physical remains of the prisons.

How do you know what Solzhenitsyn wrote was true?
Consistency and standards in evidencing viewtopic.php?f=13&t=2721#p87772
My actual argument viewtopic.php?f=13&t=2834

Scott - On a side note, this forum is turning into a joke with the vicious attacks--and completely unnecessary vitriol--that everybody is making upon each other.

User avatar
Huntinger
Posts: 9433
Joined: Mon Aug 20, 2018 4:56 am
Location: Gasthaus Waldesruh.Österreichisches Deutsch
Contact:

Re: Witness credibility

Post by Huntinger »

Nessie wrote:
Mon Feb 22, 2021 8:34 pm
How do you know what Solzhenitsyn wrote was true?
His reports are corroborated by totally independent people and government officials, including the government of the Russian Federation. If these people were fellow gulag prisoners and juden they would not be believed except by other juden.


𝖀𝖒𝖆𝖗𝖒𝖊 𝖉𝖆𝖘 𝕷𝖊𝖇𝖊𝖓, 𝖓𝖎𝖈𝖍𝖙 𝖆𝖚𝖘𝖇𝖊𝖚𝖙𝖊𝖓.
Amt IV

User avatar
Nessie
Posts: 31394
Joined: Fri Mar 07, 2014 5:00 pm
Contact:

Re: Witness credibility

Post by Nessie »

Huntinger wrote:
Mon Feb 22, 2021 8:37 pm
Nessie wrote:
Mon Feb 22, 2021 8:34 pm
How do you know what Solzhenitsyn wrote was true?
His reports are corroborated by totally independent people and government officials, including the government of the Russian Federation. If these people were fellow gulag prisoners and juden they would not be believed except by other juden.
Exactly, his claims were corroborated, that is how we know he told the truth about conditions in the gulags.
Consistency and standards in evidencing viewtopic.php?f=13&t=2721#p87772
My actual argument viewtopic.php?f=13&t=2834

Scott - On a side note, this forum is turning into a joke with the vicious attacks--and completely unnecessary vitriol--that everybody is making upon each other.

User avatar
Huntinger
Posts: 9433
Joined: Mon Aug 20, 2018 4:56 am
Location: Gasthaus Waldesruh.Österreichisches Deutsch
Contact:

Re: Witness credibility

Post by Huntinger »

Nessie wrote:
Mon Feb 22, 2021 8:41 pm
Exactly, his claims were corroborated, that is how we know he told the truth about conditions in the gulags.
There were no exaggerations of corpses burning by themselves, fountains of blood and all the other nonsense. His writing was professional.


𝖀𝖒𝖆𝖗𝖒𝖊 𝖉𝖆𝖘 𝕷𝖊𝖇𝖊𝖓, 𝖓𝖎𝖈𝖍𝖙 𝖆𝖚𝖘𝖇𝖊𝖚𝖙𝖊𝖓.
Amt IV

Turnagain
Posts: 10065
Joined: Tue Jun 17, 2014 11:44 pm
Contact:

Re: Witness credibility

Post by Turnagain »

Nessie wrote:
Other prisoners and guards, photos, documents, the physical remains of the prisons.
What other prisoners and guards? Name and quote them. Show the photos you claim to have seen. Have you been to Russia to inspect those prisons or their remains?
How do you know what Solzhenitsyn wrote was true?
How do I know that what Solzhenitsyn wrote was 100% unequivocally accurate? I don't. However, he doesn't claim any impossibilities or blue sky fantasies as do the holyhoax authors. His work is CREDIBLE. Can you understand that, Nessie? Just as your witnesses AREN'T credible.

User avatar
Nessie
Posts: 31394
Joined: Fri Mar 07, 2014 5:00 pm
Contact:

Re: Witness credibility

Post by Nessie »

Huntinger wrote:
Mon Feb 22, 2021 8:47 pm
Nessie wrote:
Mon Feb 22, 2021 8:41 pm
Exactly, his claims were corroborated, that is how we know he told the truth about conditions in the gulags.
There were no exaggerations of corpses burning by themselves, fountains of blood and all the other nonsense. His writing was professional.
Explain and evidence how someone writes about something, is a more accurate way of assessing their truthfulness, than corroboration.
Consistency and standards in evidencing viewtopic.php?f=13&t=2721#p87772
My actual argument viewtopic.php?f=13&t=2834

Scott - On a side note, this forum is turning into a joke with the vicious attacks--and completely unnecessary vitriol--that everybody is making upon each other.

User avatar
Nessie
Posts: 31394
Joined: Fri Mar 07, 2014 5:00 pm
Contact:

Re: Witness credibility

Post by Nessie »

Turnagain wrote:
Mon Feb 22, 2021 9:29 pm
Nessie wrote:
Other prisoners and guards, photos, documents, the physical remains of the prisons.
What other prisoners and guards? Name and quote them. Show the photos you claim to have seen. Have you been to Russia to inspect those prisons or their remains?
All you need to do is search "gulags" and there is a ton of information, all evidenced, about the prisoner camp punishment system the Soviets ran.
How do you know what Solzhenitsyn wrote was true?
How do I know that what Solzhenitsyn wrote was 100% unequivocally accurate? I don't. However, he doesn't claim any impossibilities or blue sky fantasies as do the holyhoax authors. His work is CREDIBLE. Can you understand that, Nessie? Just as your witnesses AREN'T credible.
Explain and evidence how someone writes about something, is a more accurate way of assessing their truthfulness, than corroboration.

Remember, the Nazis did not use anything like the same amount of hyperbole, emotive language etc, and they say the same as the Jewish Sonderkommados. Remember, the Jewish witnesses such as Avraham Lindwasser who did not see the gas chambers, but worked in property sorting did not say anything incredible. That alone tells us how someone writes about something is an unreliable indicator of truthfulness.
Consistency and standards in evidencing viewtopic.php?f=13&t=2721#p87772
My actual argument viewtopic.php?f=13&t=2834

Scott - On a side note, this forum is turning into a joke with the vicious attacks--and completely unnecessary vitriol--that everybody is making upon each other.

Post Reply

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: Bing [Bot] and 25 guests