Are "denier", "denial" and other related terms pejorative?

Discuss the alleged Nazi genocide or other wartime atrocities without fear of censorship. No bullying of fellow posters is allowed at RODOH. If you can't be civil, please address the argument and not the participants. Do not use disparaging alterations of the user-names of other RODOH posters or their family members. Failure to heed warnings from Moderators will result in a 24 hour ban (or longer if necessary).
Nessie

Re: Are "denier", "denial" and other related terms pejorative?

Post by Nessie »

Both been-there and Werd have gone as far to suggest they accept that some people were gassed, so as to avoid being called a denier.
Consistency and standards in evidencing viewtopic.php?f=13&t=2721#p87772
My actual argument viewtopic.php?f=13&t=2834

Scott - On a side note, this forum is turning into a joke with the vicious attacks--and completely unnecessary vitriol--that everybody is making upon each other.

Would you like to financially contribute to the upkeep of RODOH, kindly contact Scott Smith. All contributions are welcome!

Huntinger

Re: Are "denier", "denial" and other related terms pejorative?

Post by Huntinger »

Nessie wrote:
Sat May 16, 2020 8:45 am
Both been-there and Werd have gone as far to suggest they accept that some people were gassed, so as to avoid being called a denier.
I will not speak for them but that is not how I read it. More Jootrix.

𝕴𝖈𝖍 𝖇𝖊𝖗𝖊𝖚𝖊 𝖓𝖎𝖈𝖍𝖙𝖘...𝕾𝖔𝖟𝖎𝖆𝖑 𝖌𝖊𝖍𝖙 𝖓𝖚𝖗 𝕹𝖆𝖙𝖎𝖔𝖓𝖆𝖑

𝕳𝖚̈𝖓𝖙𝖎𝖓𝖌𝖊𝖗

Jeffk1970

Re: Are the terms "denier" and "denial" pejorative?

Post by Jeffk1970 »

Alonso wrote:
Sat May 16, 2020 4:16 am
Jeffk1970 wrote:
Sat May 16, 2020 3:26 am
Alonso wrote:
Sat May 16, 2020 1:54 am
Jeffk1970 wrote:
Sat May 16, 2020 1:11 am
You are taking offense with someone not agreeing with you
No, I am not, and I have already told you. And of course, you already know that.
Seems that way to me.
OK, got you. You are not lying, you just happen to have psychic superpowers that allow you to know that I take offence at people disagreeing with me even though I have never shown that in any way and I have clearly and repeatedly stated the opposite. Fair enough. Only thing is, psychic superpowers scare me a bit, so if you don't mind in the future I will refrain from discussing stuff with you.

Works for me.

You know, you seemed almost interesting. Pity.

Time for my RODOH sabbatical. Got more stuff to read and write about.