Confronting Holocaust Denial with David Baddiel

Discuss the alleged Nazi genocide or other wartime atrocities without fear of censorship. No bullying of fellow posters is allowed at RODOH. If you can't be civil, please address the argument and not the participants. Do not use disparaging alterations of the user-names of other RODOH posters or their family members. Failure to heed warnings from Moderators will result in a 24 hour ban (or longer if necessary).
Werd

Re: Confronting Holocaust Denial with David Baddiel

Post by Werd »

Baddiel should set himself straight. He bought a copy of "Auschwitz Lies" by Mattogno and "Breaking the Spell" by Kollerstrom. He knows who these authors are. But he won't name them in his special. And he won't read those books either. He just spent money on props for the camera.

Would you like to financially contribute to the upkeep of RODOH, kindly contact Scott Smith. All contributions are welcome!

Turnagain

Post by Turnagain »

Asher Cohen wrote:
Anyways , when’s is one of you on here going to sets Baddiel straights ? I dares one of you to go publicly like the Holocaust denier in the documentary did and see how far you gets . Best of lucks .
Baddiel said that he didn't want to argue about the holyhoax with McDermot and left that portion of the interview out of his propaganda spiel. What makes you think that anyone else would have better "lucks" with Baddiel?

Asher Cohen

Post by Asher Cohen »

Turnagain wrote:
Fri Mar 27, 2020 12:21 am
Asher Cohen wrote:
Anyways , when’s is one of you on here going to sets Baddiel straights ? I dares one of you to go publicly like the Holocaust denier in the documentary did and see how far you gets . Best of lucks .
Baddiel said that he didn't want to argue about the holyhoax with McDermot and left that portion of the interview out of his propaganda spiel. What makes you think that anyone else would have better "lucks" with Baddiel?
How’s you knows he saids that ?

What’s a shit excuse for your incompetence . You’re a scaredy-cat to argues withs anyone’s publicly , likes most Holocaust deniers online .

Turnagain

Post by Turnagain »

Asher Cohen wrote:
How’s you knows he saids that ?
That's what Baddiel "saids". Didn't you watch the propaganda drivel?

Carl Richard Baker

Post by Carl Richard Baker »

I spoke to Dr. Nick Terry about David Baddiel recently and he told me Baddiel’s Holocaust knowledge is above average. Therefore it is clear to me Baddiel is well aware of who the real revisionists are. I hear Baddiel is a household name over in Britain and this is probably why Asher and Jeffk1970 were so desperate to derail this topic. An in-depth discussion on the cyanide chemistry of the gas chamber walls is not likely to interest a casual visitor to this forum. However, Brits learning a television celebrity had deliberately deceived them may have had their interest piqued.

Nick Terry wrote:
Baddiel's knowledge of the Holocaust by conventional standards is above average, but a well-informed person still won't know the minutiae of denier arguments. Baddiel had made a documentary about relatives of his from Koenigsberg who were forced to leave in the 1930s after their businesses were 'Aryanised', some others ended up in the Warsaw ghetto IIRC, so he was especially knowledgeable on these things when we talked off-camera and he asked me about them. He'd also clearly learned new things en route when they went to Lithuania and to Lodz/Chelmno. The Holocaust is a big subject:-)

The production team was like other TV companies I've dealt with in the past 20+ years; none of them would have some kind of topic expert along to advise on a daily basis, they consult with academics and experts, and let producers, researchers, directors do the basic research in order to work out who to contact. Journalists for newspapers/magazines are not much different.

The team had actually come across my work both on the history of the Holocaust as well as on Holocaust denial, via a recent article I published about deception and cover-up attempts at Chelmno, which Baddiel himself had read, as they visited that camp site when filming; and a chapter in a collection on Holocaust and genocide denial I co-edited. I was also recommended by someone else they interviewed, so was contacted both at work and via my personal email.
https://www.skepticforum.com/viewtopic. ... 73#p760773

Jeffk1970

Post by Jeffk1970 »

Werd wrote:
Thu Mar 26, 2020 1:19 pm
Jeffk1970 wrote:
Wed Mar 25, 2020 9:56 pm
Yes, I know that Dr. Terry would reduce Rudolf to a puddle of denier goo.
I didn't know Terry was a chemist. :lol:

Incidentally, here is what you were looking for:
no. Dermot Mulqueen was contacted by him. I never was contacted by him, at least not under his clear name.

Germar Rudolf
If you were paying attention, Werd, what I said was if Rudolf wanted to discuss chemistry then there would need to be a chemist present. I never claimed Dr. Terry was a chemist. Huntinger said that it wouldn’t need to be a about chemistry if common ground was agreed to beforehand. In that case, in a general history conversation about the Holocaust would put Rudolf at a disadvantage.

In any case I have my answer. You acknowledged that Mattogno wouldn’t take up an interview like that because he doesn’t do public interviews.

My suggestion is that if Rudolf has issues that he contact Baddiel himself.

In any case I’m sorta tired of being banned. It’s annoying.

Jeffk1970

Post by Jeffk1970 »

Carl Richard Baker wrote:
Fri Mar 27, 2020 3:33 pm
I spoke to Dr. Nick Terry about David Baddiel recently and he told me Baddiel’s Holocaust knowledge is above average. Therefore it is clear to me Baddiel is well aware of who the real revisionists are.
Look at Werd’s comments, Carl. Mattogno doesn’t do public interviews. Also note what Charles said. None of the books show Rudolf’s name and for FFS Thies Christophersen died over 20 years ago. Leuchter is a joke. If Baddiel really wanted a soft target he could’ve gotten Leuchter on.
I hear Baddiel is a household name over in Britain and this is probably why Asher and Jeffj1970 were so desperate to derail this topic.
LOL, why aren’t you this funny at Skeptics????
BTW I’m Jeff 8675309 there. If you want to discuss something with me you are more than welcome to try me there.
An in-depth discussion on the cyanide chemistry of the gas chamber walls is not likely to interest a casual visitor to this forum.
Nor would it interest the audience of a documentary.
However, Brits learning a television celebrity had deliberately deceived them may have their interest piqued.
By not interviewing a chemist on a documentary?

As I mentioned earlier I think that if Rudolf wants an interview and wants to discuss the chemistry of Auschwitz then we need a chemist handy. Rudolf would fail badly in a discussion about the actual history.

Lupus Rothstein

Post by Lupus Rothstein »

I keep seeing the name Nick Kollestrom appear on here, as if he is being put forward as a credible alternative to Dermot Mulqueen to have appeared on the documentary. This is the same Nick Kollestrom who believes Paul McCartney died in 1996 and was replaced by a look-a-like and that Lee Rigby ( British soldier murdered by Islamists in 2013) didn't actually exist !!

Oh dear, here we go again :roll:

Huntinger

Post by Huntinger »

Lupus wrote: I keep seeing the name Nick Kollestrom appear on here, as if he is being put forward as a credible alternative to Dermot Mulqueen to have appeared on the documentary. This is the same Nick Kollestrom who believes Paul McCartney died in 1996 and was replaced by a look-a-like and that Lee Rigby ( British soldier murdered by Islamists in 2013) didn't actually exist !!

Oh dear, here we go again :roll:
Kollestrom is not the point of discussion here. The person was merely mentioned due to a book by him appearing in the video it seems.
Baddiel should set himself straight. He bought a copy of "Auschwitz Lies" by Mattogno and "Breaking the Spell" by Kollerstrom.
The point is that Baddiel was more aware of what is going on than he lets on. This is a part of his Trix.

𝕴𝖈𝖍 𝖇𝖊𝖗𝖊𝖚𝖊 𝖓𝖎𝖈𝖍𝖙𝖘...𝕾𝖔𝖟𝖎𝖆𝖑 𝖌𝖊𝖍𝖙 𝖓𝖚𝖗 𝕹𝖆𝖙𝖎𝖔𝖓𝖆𝖑
Alle Trolljuden werden ignoriert

been-there
Propositions Moderator

Re: Confronting Holocaust Denial with David Baddieln

Post by been-there »

Carl Richard Baker wrote:
Fri Mar 27, 2020 3:33 pm
I spoke to Dr. Nick Terry about David Baddiel recently and he told me Baddiel’s Holocaust knowledge is above average. Therefore it is clear to me Baddiel is well aware of who the real revisionists are. I hear Baddiel is a household name over in Britain and this is probably why Asher and Jeffk1970 were so desperate to derail this topic. An in-depth discussion on the cyanide chemistry of the gas chamber walls is not likely to interest a casual visitor to this forum. However, Brits learning a television celebrity had deliberately deceived them may have had their interest piqued.
Nick Terry wrote: Baddiel's knowledge of the Holocaust by conventional standards is above average, but a well-informed person still won't know the minutiae of denier arguments.
This I see as a huge part of the problem: viz. the Holocaust is repeatedly referred to, but no-one spells out exactly what they mean by the term.
The reason presumably is because no-one agrees exactly what it is that is being referred to.
It's just an emotive, catch-all term for 'ANY Jewish experience during WW2 or even earlier.

So how can anybody be a denier of something as all inclusive as that?
Something that I attempted to discuss with Nick Terry on the phony 'skeptics' forum, but to no avail.

Which is why I regard this BBC programme's title as so deceptive: 'confronting holocaust denial'??? Pfuhh!
They didn't dare even define it, let alone confront it.

No wonder. There is not even any agreement on when it — THE Holocaust’ — even started.
Did it start in 1933, or before, or 1941, or 1942?

Was it the 'final solution' to eradicate ALL Jews?
Or the 'final solution to exile all Jews and kill just the ones regarded as useless eaters?
Was it a plan to exterminate every Jew on the planet? Or was it just some forced emigration and forced labour policy that got out of control unintentionally?

Was it the systematic mass-murder of Jews, Gypsies, homosexuals, Russian PoWs, Poles, Slavs AND a whole host of other alleged undesirables allegedly deemed untermensch and also allegedly slated for annihilation?
Or was it just the experiences of Jews?

Was any of it planned? Or did it all just sort of happen haphazadly and unintentionally?

Were 'experts' from the T-4 euthanasia project purposefully employed to further their tried-and-tested 'expertise' in mass murder? Or did people like Höß, Wirth, Globocnik, Thomalla, Lambert, Stangl, Franz,etc., make it up as they went along?

Were 4 million deliberately murdered in this planned or unintended genocide? Or was it six million? Or eleven million or eighteen million?

Who knows? No-one can objectively, absolutely and authoritatively answer any of those questions.
No-one knows and no-ne CAN KNOW, because the term is used differently by different people to refer to different categories of war-time deaths.

Meanwhile Dr. Terry believes and states that David Baddiel's knowledge of this vague, all-purpose, undefined something is “above average”!
Yeah, sure. :roll:

He did not show any “above average” knowledge of the Auschwitz camp. He thought the existence of a swimming pool there was laughable.
Nor did he show any knowledge of the capacity of cremation muffles. He referred to that as 'all lies' and 'shit'.
Nor did he show that he knew anything at all about Chelmno. Nothing at all!!

So what is the criteria for “above average knowledge”? Nick appears to be admitting that the bar is very, very, very low.

Concerning Baddiel specifically, what does Nick Terry base his assessment upon?
The following...
Nick Terry wrote:...Baddiel had made a documentary about relatives of his from Koenigsberg who were forced to leave in the 1930s after their businesses were 'Aryanised', some others ended up in the Warsaw ghetto IIRC, so he was especially knowledgeable on these things when we talked off-camera and he asked me about them.
THAT — knowing about your own relatives' movements and experiences — if they were Jewish — in Dr.Terry's view means “above average knowledge” of THE Holocaust!!! :?

Nick Terry wrote:He'd also clearly learned new things en route when they went to Lithuania and to Lodz/Chelmno. The Holocaust is a big subject :-)
Ha ha. No kidding. :lol:

Nick Terry wrote:The production team was like other TV companies I've dealt with in the past 20+ years; none of them would have some kind of topic expert along to advise on a daily basis, they consult with academics and experts, and let producers, researchers, directors do the basic research in order to work out who to contact. Journalists for newspapers/magazines are not much different.

The team had actually come across my work both on the history of the Holocaust as well as on Holocaust denial, via a recent article I published about deception and cover-up attempts at Chelmno, which Baddiel himself had read, as they visited that camp site when filming; and a chapter in a collection on Holocaust and genocide denial I co-edited. I was also recommended by someone else they interviewed, so was contacted both at work and via my personal email.
https://www.skepticforum.com/viewtopic. ... 73#p760773

And still they chose Dermot Mulqueen to represent and speak for ALL people who have ANY questions, doubts, skepticism and rival understandings. :roll:
"When people who are honestly mistaken learn the truth,
they either cease being mistaken
or they cease being honest"
-- Anonymous