Aktion Reinhardt was named after Fritz Reinhardt- not Reinhard Heydrich

Discuss the alleged Nazi genocide or other wartime atrocities without fear of censorship. No bullying of fellow posters is allowed at RODOH. If you can't be civil, please address the argument and not the participants. Do not use disparaging alterations of the user-names of other RODOH posters or their family members. Failure to heed warnings from Moderators will result in a 24 hour ban (or longer if necessary).
PrudentRegret

Re: Aktion Reinhardt was named after Fritz Reinhardt- not Reinhard Heydrich

Post by PrudentRegret »

Billy wrote:
Thu Apr 23, 2020 10:30 pm
PrudentRegret wrote:
Sat Apr 18, 2020 8:09 pm
They don't want to give up this hill, and that's how you know it's a hill worth fighting for.
Excellent point. What they want to do is to try and steel-man this position (or the soap and lampshades bit) so they can attempt to set back the revisionists to an earlier point in time when these things were argued. They don't want revisionists advancing from the motte to the bailey of the Holocaust story.
EXACTLY. I can't believe revisionists have allowed them to say "AR was the code-name for genocide, and it was named after Heydrich" when there is, essentially, no evidence for this conclusion.

I have searched for other citations of the testimony I referenced in the Pohl case, and as far as I've been able to find I am the only one who has considered the passages I referenced in the overall question of "Fritz Reinhardt versus Reinhard Heydrich."

In other historians' analysis of this question, I have never seen them weigh these testimonies. I am starting to believe that no historian who has taken the position that AR was named after Heydrich has reviewed the passages I have found, because I cannot find these passages discussed on any other discussion of the "Heydrich versus Reinhardt" question.

Revisionists should take the Bailey on the AR controversy and force mainstream historians to acknowledge that AR was named after Reinhardt.

Would you like to financially contribute to the upkeep of RODOH, kindly contact Scott Smith. All contributions are welcome!

PrudentRegret

Post by PrudentRegret »

Interestingly, the only truthful statement made by Sergey in his desperate attempt to salvage the "Heydrich" hypothesis for the naming origin of Aktion Reinhardt is to say:
Finally, and most importantly, there was no reason at all to call this large-scale anti-Jewish deportation, murder and plunder operation after a mere finance state secretary;
He calls this his "most important point". He simply cannot acknowledge that AR was named after Reinhardt, because he would intrinsically be acknowledging that AR was not a murder operation by his own admission. Of course, Aktion Reinhardt was named after Fritz Reinhardt so that only leaves one conclusion, according to Sergey himself.

PrudentRegret

Post by PrudentRegret »

To add to this:
Lupus Rothstein wrote:
Sat Apr 18, 2020 7:17 pm
Who cares who it was named after ? I don't know why those at Sceptic are even bothering responding !
The ARC team has a whole page dedicated to the "Heydrich versus Reinhardt" question and strongly takes the position that it was Heydrich. Even the ARC website demonstrates understanding of the consequence of this controversy. From ARC:
3. Another work has suggested that the code name was taken from the name of the State Secretary in the Reich Finance Ministry, Fritz Reinhardt. Mistakenly, SS men involved in the "Aktion" attributed the name to Reinhard Heydrich.

4. This theory has been strenuously disputed. "The notion that Operation Reinhard was a program for collecting and exploiting Jewish property and was named after the State Secretary of the Finance Ministry, Fritz Reinhardt, is seemingly without foundation and finds no support in the surviving documents."

5. It does seem inherently unlikely that a murderous operation of the complexity of "Aktion Reinhard" would be named after an economist. The implication of naming the "Aktion" after Fritz Reinhardt is that the prime motivation was the expropriation of Jewish property. Whilst the material rewards of mass murder should not be overlooked, and played an important role, the primary motivation of the Nazis was always ideological and not economic. Furthermore, "... the Finance Ministry was only one of a number of recipients of Jewish property. Staatssekretär Fritz Reinhardt of the Finance Ministry is not mentioned in any of the documents, and the spelling of Operation Reinhardt with a "t" as in his name can be found in July 1942, one month after Heydrich’s death."

6. Nor should it be overlooked that this argument provides fertile ground for contemporary “revisionist historians”, pursuing their own prejudiced and distorted view of the evidence, for it enables them to insinuate that murder was only a by-product of Aktion Reinhard, rather than its motivator.
http://deathcamps.org/reinhard/arccomment.html

Archive: https://web.archive.org/web/20190114121 ... mment.html

Three notable observations:

1. The ARC team, like Sergey, concedes that if AR was named after State Secretary Reinhardt, that implies "Aktion Reinhardt" was not the code-name of a genocide. They directly say "The implication of naming the 'Aktion' after Fritz Reinhardt is that the prime motivation was the expropriation of Jewish property." Well, AR was named after Fritz Reinhardt, so they must accept the logical conclusion that they have framed.

2. The ARC team preemptively accuses "revisionist historians" of "pursuing their own prejudiced and distorted view of the evidence", which is exactly what they themselves, along with others like Nick Terry and Sergey, have actually done. What a shame that these "historians" weigh the evidence with regard to how convenient the conclusions are for their opposition, rather than merely try to reach the historical truth.

3. In their stock of the evidence, they do not appear to be aware of the testimonies from the IMT WVHA/Pohl case. This is the same story for every other discussion I have seen in the topic. I have not seen any discussions on this topic weigh these testimonies:

New passage that wasn't included in my previous post, from Hohberg:
That was the second reason why we were so highly interested in this Reinhardt loan. As far as the source of the Reinhardt Fund was concerned, nothing was spoken about it, but on the other hand, certain inquiries were made in that respect. As far as I can recall Herr Frank Frank answered that those were amounts which came from the east and that he, together with the Reich Finance Ministry was the one who had the right to take it over.

May it please your Honors, while looking through those documents you will see that the word "Reinhardt" is mostly written with "dt" at the end. Staatssekretaer Reinhardt was practically speaking the deputy of the Reichs Finance Ministry. We thought that that was the reason for the name of that fund.

Q. Where was it the name actually came from?

A. Well, here in Nurnberg I must assume that it means Reinhardt Heydrich, and Reinhardt stands for the first name of Heydrich.
http://nuremberg.law.harvard.edu/transc ... t+Heydrich

Note that Hohberg is yet another witness who establishes his understanding at the time of his involvement in AR, along with the consensus of those around him, that AR was named after State Secretary Reinhardt.

Others I have found, mentioned before:

Karl Sommer, deputy chief of the WVHA:
Q. [sic] Therefore, I assume from your answer that from the type of watches which were being repaired here one could not draw the conclusion that these watches had been taken away from inmates who had been killed?

A. No, that assumption could not be drawn. I myself tried on one occasion to see an order according to which these watches had been confiscated. As far as I can recall, I talked to Melmer about that on one or two occasions. As far as I remember, it was Melmer told me at that time that these watches had been confiscated by virtue of a decree which the State Secretary Reinhardt in the Reich Ministry of Finance had issued, and that was the reason why this action had been given the name of Action Reinhardt.
http://nuremberg.law.harvard.edu/transc ... +Reinhardt

Hans Baier, an SS official in Pohl's office in the WVHA:
Q. Were the funds coming from the Reinhardt Fund?

A. I don't know. I did not know it at the time, and that is why I asked.

Q. What did you mean when you said you wrote out the contract for the Reinhardt loan?

A. In the notice which was left behind, it said there was a contract between DWB and the Reich to be fixed, and the heading said "Reinhardt Fund". I thereupon reflected what this could be about, and I came across the name of State Secretary Reinhardt, whom I knew very well. He was my superior in the Reich Ministry of Finance.
http://nuremberg.law.harvard.edu/transc ... hardt+Fund

Leo Volk, who was personal adviser to Pohl and head of Legal in Pohl's division in WVHA
Q. What did you think the Reinhardt Fund was?

A. The Reinhardt Fund I understood or thought to understand that the state secretary Reinhardt from the Reich Finance Ministry, who was an exponent of the Part and who was a friend of Schwerin von Krusiqk, who was Reich Finance Minister, had placed those funds at the disposal of the DWB. Reinhardt was also known to me from his work and his activity during peacetime for the very simple reason that he introduced in Germany communal administration in the big Reinhardt Reform which was the real taxation reform. He also established the Reinhardt Interest Bonuses. He compiled and wrote several books about taxation laws. Apart from that, all new taxes and finance reforms were actually taken care of by Reinhardt according to both the press and the propaganda. Furthermore, Reinhardt was written with "dt" at the end in this letter and as far as I know today Reinhard is spelled with a "d" at the end rather than a "dt". Apart from that, Herr Pohl once called me to his office, in Frank's presence, and told me that the Reich Finance Ministry wanted to give a credit to the DWB, if this would be possible.

All I could understand from this was that this was actually a fund which was placed at the disposal of the DWB by the second highest official in the Reich Finance Ministry.

BY JUDGE MUSMANNO:

Q. May I ask a question, please?

Is it customary for the name of the Minister to be attached to a purely governmental function?

A. I'm afraid the translation didn't quite get through, Your Honor.

Q. I'll put the question very specifically. The Reinhardt of whom you speak was Assistant Minister of the Treasury? Is that what I understand? Ministry of Finance, yes?

A. Yes, that's right. Graf Schwerin von Krossigk was the Minister. The State Secretary was Reinhardt. Schwerin von Krossigk was the professional man and was Reich Minister even prior to 1933, and state secretary Reinhardt was SA Obergruppenfuehrer.

Q. Anything coming out of the Ministry of Finance wouldn't bear the name of the Minister as such, would it, being a purely governmental operation?

A. Yes, but as I have stated before, the real taxation reform was also called the Reinhardt real tax reform. I have to understand from that if this fund is called "the Reinhardt Fund" that the Reich Finance Ministry placed certain monies at the disposal of the DWB.

Q. I can understand how, in the newspapers, the name could be attached to the operation, but, within the government itself, if it is a governmental action, I cannot understand why the name Reinhardt would be used.

A. Yes, Mr. Federal Judge, such names in particular were chosen. You see, series of actions received the names of leading personalities. The reason why this was done was that the Fuehrer principle was to be shown more clearly by doing that.

In Germany, even in governmental circles, one never spoke of a cabinet or a government, one always spoke of the man.

BY DR. GAWLIK:

Q. Witness, perhaps you can answer the following question.

Would you please explain to the Tribunal, witness, the personality of the Finance Minister Schwerin Krossigk and the personality of Reinhardt. Tell us which of the two was the most important person and why it was not at all difficult to understand that fund wasn't called according to the name Schwerin von Krossigk but rather according to the State Secretary? what part did von Krossigk play in social life and what was the role of Mr. Reinhardt in public life?

A. Mr. Defense Counsel, if I, as a rather young person, have to give you a judgment or my opinion on these two personalities I have to say that von Krossigk was the most important one of the two because he was a sensible, professionally very skilled man who, step by step, actually worked his way up to the position of Minister. Even in the democratic regime, Herr Reinhardt, up to 1933, was nothing but a simple teacher in a business school. It was only through the help of the Party that he became a SA-Gruppenfuehrer and SA Obergruppenfuehrer. It was he then who was placed a bit higher as an exponent of the Party, and all these things which von Krossigk had done to the German Reich while working hard, the financing, etc, all this, during the war, was said to have been done by Reinhardt. You could read in the paper: "Herr Reinhardt, and Reinhardt again." Reinhardt held speeches at every conference. The people in the Finance Ministry knew that the real man behind it all was von Krossigk. Others knew that, but we all knew that Reinhardt would be the one credited with everything. That was the reason that I didn't have a single doubt that Reinhardt was the man who had given the fund.
http://nuremberg.law.harvard.edu/transc ... inistry%22

August Frank, who was Pohl's deputy chief of WVHA, describes the origin and name of these accounts:
Q. Do you know whether the valuables which were turned over to the Reichsbank became a deposit of the SS, or were these valuables finally turned over in this way to the Reich?

A. The following must be said in this respect in order to make it understandable. The Reichsbank took over these goods. This was not a deposit of the SS but these objects became the property of the Reichsbank without any further difficulty... The countervalue for this foreign exchange was placed in a special account by the Reichsbank, with the Reich Main Treasury. As Pohl had already testified, this account was called Max Heiliger. That was a fictional name, and this account was an account of the Reich Ministry of Finance. The WVHA was not able to dispose over this account. I was only able to figure it out from the documents because in my affidavit I stated that this had been an account of the WVHA.
http://nuremberg.law.harvard.edu/transc ... x+Heiliger

Note that Nick Terry initially told me that there was no witness testimony for the "Fritz Reinhardt" interpretation. This implies that he, like the ARC team, was not aware of this evidence.

The ARC/H.E.A.R.T team should reevaluate who is really "pursuing their own prejudiced and distorted view of the evidence" on this question. It isn't the Revisionists, it's them.
Last edited by PrudentRegret on Sat Apr 25, 2020 5:31 am, edited 1 time in total.

Turnagain

Post by Turnagain »

Heydrich's given name was "Rheinhard", not "Rheinhardt". Reinhard Tristan Eugen Heydrich. The hoaxers claim that the operation was properly called, Aktion Rheinhard" and spelling it "Aktion Rheinhardt" was simply a typo.

been-there
Propositions Moderator

Post by been-there »

I attempted to discuss Aktion Reinhardt here.

After a brief debate with BlackRabbitofInlé, it was soon derailed by the mob from Skeptics posting nonsense for page after page.
"When people who are honestly mistaken learn the truth,
they either cease being mistaken
or they cease being honest"
-- Anonymous

Lupus Rothstein

Post by Lupus Rothstein »

been-there wrote:
Sat Apr 25, 2020 8:28 am

After a brief debate with BlackRabbitofInlé, it was soon derailed by the mob from Skeptics posting nonsense for page after page.
Been There, you are too irrational to participate in most of the discussions on here. I suggest you join CODOH or the Monster Raving Loony Party . The 'nonsense' you mention was nothing but a series of lectures that you should have read. You might have learned something.

Huntinger

Post by Huntinger »

been-there wrote:

Excellent, I have restarted the thread so that we do not interfere with PRs postings on the other thread.

𝕴𝖈𝖍 𝖇𝖊𝖗𝖊𝖚𝖊 𝖓𝖎𝖈𝖍𝖙𝖘...𝕾𝖔𝖟𝖎𝖆𝖑 𝖌𝖊𝖍𝖙 𝖓𝖚𝖗 𝕹𝖆𝖙𝖎𝖔𝖓𝖆𝖑

𝕳𝖚̈𝖓𝖙𝖎𝖓𝖌𝖊𝖗

Lupus Rothstein

Post by Lupus Rothstein »

Huntinger wrote:
Sat Apr 25, 2020 6:30 pm
been-there wrote:

Excellent, I have restarted the thread so that we do not interfere with PRs postings on the other thread.
May I suggest you refrain from participation in this thread, as it will only lead to a mass of confusion and irrelevance . The only denier who appears to display any form of logic and rationality on here is newcomer prudent regret . At least he can respond with relevant points and doesn't appear to be mentally ill.

Been There will just rattle on about 'mass delusion' and repeat some useless trope from the 1980's denier scene about swimming pools, and Turnagain will try keep ranting about hermetically sealed gas chambers at Treblinka ( he becomes disorientated if forced to wax lyrical about Sobibor ,Belzec and Chelmno).

Scott
Site Admin

Post by Scott »

Not particularly helpful, Lupus.

Please remember that the H forum has higher standards of civility.

Thanks

:)

Huntinger

Post by Huntinger »

At Klowns, Jud Романовы used this as (((evidence))) of the AR camps not being affiliated with Fritz Reinhardt
Sergey_Romanov wrote: We thus know for a (brute) fact that the AR contained a huge non-economic element: the expulsion of the Jews.

It thus would not have been named after Fritz Reinhardt, a state secretary from the ministry of finance.

That aside, Einsatz Reinhard was a deportations office and thus would not have been named after an economics guy.
The definition of deportations as aptly put by Jud Романовы is the action of deporting a foreigner from a country; in other words "eviction".

The AR aktion was defined by Gruppenführer-SS Odilo Globocnik as:
  1. the expulsion itself
  2. the exploitation of labor force
  3. the exploitation of property
  4. seizure of hidden goods and immovable property
The Ministry of Economics was in control of the customs border control (Zollgrenzschutz), the precise people to be involved with deportations and financial issues as well as providing labour. Zollgrenzschutz was one of the components of the programs aimed at reducing unemployment, which collectively were also known as the Reinhardt Program.
Employment was part of this program as well as proper use of labour. As everyone knows, labour and economics are closely intertwined.

𝕴𝖈𝖍 𝖇𝖊𝖗𝖊𝖚𝖊 𝖓𝖎𝖈𝖍𝖙𝖘...𝕾𝖔𝖟𝖎𝖆𝖑 𝖌𝖊𝖍𝖙 𝖓𝖚𝖗 𝕹𝖆𝖙𝖎𝖔𝖓𝖆𝖑

𝕳𝖚̈𝖓𝖙𝖎𝖓𝖌𝖊𝖗