DRESDEN: 73 years ago to this day

Discuss the alleged Nazi genocide or other wartime atrocities without fear of censorship. No bullying of fellow posters is allowed at RODOH. If you can't be civil, please address the argument and not the participants. Do not use disparaging alterations of the user-names of other RODOH posters or their family members. Failure to heed warnings from Moderators will result in a 24 hour ban (or longer if necessary).
blake121666

Re: DRESDEN: 73 years ago to this day

Post by blake121666 »

Well I tend to consider "German" as something of a self-defining thing. And the Austria that we are discussing here (Berg brought up the 20th century Austria) as undeniably undoubtedly "German". But I see "Germans" as more of a confederation of Germanic areas - with "German" people(s). The "Austria" as it was defined under the Hapsburgs OTOH I tend to view as more of a Balkan type situation - which contained this undeniably German element; but that particular state of "Austria" also contained other elements (other than "German").

In this vein of thinking, I consider areas such as Alsace-Lorraine, the German cantons of Switzerland, ... etc as "German" as well. I think this view of mine to be the fairly standard one, actually.

EDIT: And, btw, I agree with Scott that The Sound of Music is silly to an extreme in its treatment of this subject! It's quite a good movie which I like alot, though .... just a bit daft in its historicity. This treatment puzzled the hell out of me as a youngster! So much so that when I visited and toured a number of areas in Austria I used to ask people there about this issue of being "German". To a man Austrians do indeed consider themselves "German". Austrian Germans are a different ethny than, say, Prussian Germans though.

SUPPORT RODOH!
Would you like to financially contribute to the upkeep of RODOH? Please kindly contact Scott Smith ([email protected]). Any and all contributions are welcome!

Scott
Site Admin

Post by Scott »

Been-There, I am not defending the Potsdam Treaty nor the Truman Doctrine, for God's sake, which sought to "Contain" Communism by making America the Policeman of the World. I am also not defending the division of Korea and handing half of it over to the Communists in the first place.

However, I don't see how South Korea could have been honorably forsaken when North Korea broke the treaty and invaded them in 1950 (with Stalin's permission). The U.S. was not prepared for this, and it didn't look good at first, and Truman probably hoped that MacArthur would fail dramatically. Truman feared that he would run for President.

Also, MacArthur did not try to widen the war with China. In fact, China was ALREADY in the war once they invaded--but the Truman Administration downplayed this with the nonsense that it was all only a "Police Action."

General MacArthur was fired for leaking to the press and for bombing the bridges on the Yalu River that brought Chinese troops and material over the border into Korea--which was about to be reunited, at the expense of the Communist North. Strategic bombing was not used in Korea, though the airpower was impressive, something the Luftwaffe could have only wished for.

After MacArthur's firing he was replaced by Matthew Ridgway of the 82nd Airborne, a solid guy who never took more than a yard of territory unless authorized to by Washington. That led to years of STALEMATE and many more deaths until the end of the Truman Administration. When the peace agreement came, it kept Korea divided at the 38th Parallel and this enforced by one of the most heavily-guarded frontiers in history. Much of Seoul is actually within North Korean artillery range so they have to have a hugely-armed state.

If it were up to me I would give South Korea and Japan a few of tactical nukes for a deterrent, sign a memorandum of understanding with China favoring Korean reunification, and then pull American troops out. We did not make this mess. The Communists and Truman did.

And no, I don't get my history from movies, but I am happy to use media to illustrate my points. I would be happy to debate a blow-by-blow on the Korean War sometime if you want but it should be its own thread.

Remember, that I am an Isolationist like George Washington or Alexander Hamilton. As John Quincy Adams once put it, " we do not seek monsters to destroy. " It is too bad that the USA in the last century has abandoned our heritage of Monroe Doctrine, and that our leaders became shitbird Globalist crusaders.

Some of my Red Chinese students have teased me for being an Isolationist. They don't get it, since that is supposedly what held their country back for so long. I don't counter-signal too hard because they are just curious and they are nice people, but Globaloney is like a virus. If China takes up the "White Man's Burden," as it looks like is happening, it will be just as disastrous for them as it has been for us.

:)

“So people are getting injured, and our job is to protect this business, and a part of my job is to also help people. If there’s somebody hurt, I’m running into harm’s way.
That’s why I have my rifle because I need to protect myself, obviously.
But I also have my med-kit.”

~ "Siege" Kyle Rittenhouse
(Kenosha, WI - 25 AUGUST 2020)

rollo the ganger

Post by rollo the ganger »

Scott wrote:If China takes up the "White Man's Burden," as it looks like is happening, it will be just as disastrous for them as it has been for us.
If China were to take on the "White Man's Burden", I would step back and laugh like a man saved from certain death. Then I would turn and run like hell before they change their minds, or realize what they have just done. "SO LONG SUCKERS!!!"

NSDAP

Post by NSDAP »

Rudyard Kipling is rolling in his grave right now. Slight change of script
Take up the Yellow Man’s burden—

Send forth the best ye breed—

Go send your sons to exile

To serve your captives' need

To wait in heavy harness

On fluttered folk and wild—

Your new-caught, sullen peoples,

Half devil and half child
Wenn wir die Flagge, die wir aus dem Nichts gerissen haben, nicht halten können, müssen Sie, meine Söhne und Töchter, greifendie Fahne in deiner Faust...Führer der NSDAP Adolf Hitler
𝕹𝕾𝕯𝕬𝕻

Scott
Site Admin

Post by Scott »

Ha ha ha. Yeah, I understand that the Chinese are rolling in to Africa, not to "edumacate" the Noble Savages and turn them into good consumers and Christians--but to crack the whip and show them how to use their minerals and oil and stuff. But it's okay because Asians can't be racists and all, even though they have far less reverence for simple Negroes than Westerners do. Good luck with that, I think. We learned during the L.A. riots in 1992 that the police would have to stand down for political correctness and let the Blacks go at it. Thank goodness for the Korean shop owners with automatic weapons on their rooftops. They saved lives on that day.

:lol:

“So people are getting injured, and our job is to protect this business, and a part of my job is to also help people. If there’s somebody hurt, I’m running into harm’s way.

Scott
Site Admin

Post by Scott »

been-there wrote:
Sun Feb 18, 2018 9:49 pm
Scott wrote:
Sun Feb 18, 2018 10:10 am
... [snip]

The Holocaust (whatever that is) does NOT in reality make Jews morally superior to Gentiles ...
Erm... "not in reality"??? Has somebody been suggesting that then?

Not here, or in this thread for sure--but in a nutshell, that is EXACTLY the purpose of Holocaust or "Genocide" kvetching. It is virtue-signalling par excellence.

been-there wrote:
Sun Feb 18, 2018 9:49 pm
Scott wrote:
Sun Feb 18, 2018 10:10 am

...and likewise the Holocaust HOAX (whatever that is) does NOT make Germans morally superior either. Hitler might have said that Victims don't make History. Bismarck probably would have understood that too.

I don't think its ever been about "moral superiority"? Has it...?

I hope not! I am just saying that some of the argumentation in this thread, hints at a very "Talmudic" way of memorialization. Very Cringeworthy.

Oy Vey, they bombed gassed us for our race. Just because we are Germans Jews.

I am NOT saying that anyone here is actually doing that. At least I hope not.

I do NOT think that the Germans started the war, of course. I have made that argument many times."The war didn't start at Auschwitz or Hiroshima" or something like that--attributed to Bertrand Russell, though I'm not sure now where to find the exact quote.

And, like everybody else, the Germans did fight the war, and they were willing to do so. Bad things happen to good people in wars.

As I used to remind Roberto Muehlenkamp on the Axis HIstory Forum, People get hurt in war and "it takes two to Tango."

And remember--before somebody tries to straw-man me on this--I do think that Dresden WAS a War Crime, but for reasons that I've already stated.

We should remember Dresden soberly and not let it ever be forgotten.

But I should not have to point out to the people on this forum that the German leaders today are the worst offenders in this regard. They have made it a criminal offense to honor the graves of fallen Luftwaffe heroes like Walter Nowotny, for Hell's sake.

To make the case that Germany's leaders today are Communist scum that Hitler would have simply called traitors is hardly Germanophobia.

NSDAP

Post by NSDAP »

Scott wrote:
Mon Feb 19, 2018 4:03 am
To make the case that Germany's leaders today are Communist scum that Hitler would have simply called traitors is hardly Germanophobia.
I doubt if we could agree more.
Wenn wir die Flagge, die wir aus dem Nichts gerissen haben, nicht halten können, müssen Sie, meine Söhne und Töchter, greifendie Fahne in deiner Faust...Führer der NSDAP Adolf Hitler
𝕹𝕾𝕯𝕬𝕻

Scott
Site Admin

Post by Scott »

Thanks.

been-there
Propositions Moderator

Post by been-there »

Scott wrote:
Sun Feb 18, 2018 11:49 pm
... [snip]...
Anyway, it is tiresome to keep reminding us how stupid we are as a nation — as if this were some kind of national flaw and not an alien occupation. German Communists were shitbirds too in the day,...
...Nowadays Europeans are just as brainwashed too. And European leaders, especially the new hipster Communists who are running things in Germany now... have much to do with this.
Yes, i also think the majority of "Europeans are just as brainwashed". But having lived in three European countries and spent many months annually in an India Ashram where maybe 70% of the 300 to 500 foreign guests were American, I can say from personal experience that Americans generally seem less well-informed than any other nation, PLUS seem less willing or able to recognise that.
"When people who are honestly mistaken learn the truth,
they either cease being mistaken
or they cease being honest"
-- Anonymous

Scott
Site Admin

Post by Scott »

Looks like Lady Michele Renouf got arrested for giving an impromptu speech about Dresden last Sunday in "the freest of all the Germanies," as our late neugierig would say.

Our country is under siege too, but this would never happen in the United States.

:roll: